Aye Khuda Jab Bhi Banao

Following is the longest part yet! Wow! Thanks all for your support! Next update may not be for awhile, so enjoy this for now! Got work , a class and appointments scheduled throughout the coming week or so.

Part Nineteen

Avni checked her arm again. The dressing was still good. She feared it would soak through. She realized she never returned to the office and she had successfully avoided Bebe and her mother-in-law as they were both out.

She searched for her phone in her bag and was wincing due to her pain.

Neil was driving home when Prakash called him.

" Yes dad," Neil said trying to stay sane.

" Neil, I just called Shwetaji and Bebe. I asked them to go home right away. Avni did not return to the office today," he stated.

"Dad I know. I am headed home to check on her," Neil said.

" Thank goodness. Ali called me saying he was going to go pick up her medicines. Luckily goli chooh ke nikali. I am finishing up here and will join you all at home," Prakash stated.

Neil was stunned and dropped his phone.

He immediately sped up.

Avni was about to message Papaji when his call came in.

"Beta hum sab ghar aare hain. I will call Neelaji as well. Neil should be home soon. Ab kaisa feel hora hai?," Prakash asked.

"Papaji aap ko kaise pata chala?"

"Ali called me. Sorry beta I couldn't reach you or Neil, so I had to get it out of him," Prakash admitted.

"Oh God, Papaji Neil bauth gussa hoga," Avni stammered.

"Kya? You haven't talked to him yet?," her father -in-law exclaimed.

" Beta tum rest karo. Neil aata hoga."

Prakash hung up.

"Avni tu toh gayi. Neil must have found out from Papaji," she muttered.

As she turned around she met teary, angry eyes of her husband.

"Phirse se mujhe heart attack dena ka soch liya tumne?"

"Neil woh.."

"Avni main police officer hoon. How long did you think it would take for me to find out?"

"Neil main tujhe pareshan nahin karna chahti thi," she tried to explain.

" You always do what you want. Batao goli khan lagi tuhme?"

"On her left arm. Her father called out to her when the gunman was aiming at them," Ali stated.

He had her medicines in his hand.

Neil took them from Ali.

" Thanks Ali. Can you come later? I need sometime to talk to Avni alone," Neil stressed.

"Of course yaar. Yeh tera haaq hai. Main baad mein milta hoon Avni," Ali said solemnly.

Neil locked the door behind Ali and turned to face Avni.

" Come have your medicines and let me see your wound," he said firmly.

She swallowed hard.

" I am sorry Neil," she said.

He came over to her and helped out of jean jacket she put on over her dress.

She winced as he unwrapped her wound.