Unsettling

Author's note: This  update is a mix of emotions, action and intensity, get ready for a rollercoaster ride and angry Avneil! Probably my longest update yet!

Part Eighteen

Ashish noticed his daughter in her yellow outfit right away. He saw Neela's strength in her. But she had his impulsive side as well.

She had a right to be angry.

Aman was refusing to meet him so he had decided to meet with Avni and discuss his plans with her.

"Boliye Mr. Mehta kyun bulaya mujhe?"

"How is work my superstar?"

"It is fine. I am making new friends and learning the business. However I am pretty sure you didn't call me here to talk about my career," she hissed.

" I am sure your father-in-law got a nice office and peons for your service. You have all the comforts that I could never give you growing up," Ashish commented.

"No I am starting as a regular employee," Avni declared.

"What in such a big company? You should be the MD by next year's end. His son is a police officer. He will not join the business as long as he is passionate about serving the government," Ashish declared.

" His son happens to be my husband and unfortunately your son-in-law," she snapped back.

Ashish paused to order her favorite hot chocolate and a coffee for himself.

"It's my treat today. I am sure your husband can't even afford to take you out every week. Now I am a very powerful man. I can provide you a better way of life Avni," her father stated.

Avni raised her eyebrows

In the corner of her eye she saw the owner of the cafe.

She was a police officer's wife and an investigative journalist for several years prior to marrying Neil. She was not going to meet her estranged father unprepared.

She sent a quick sms and then turned to face her father.

" Please spare me more torture. Tell me what you want me for?"

"It is not exactly that simple. You will have to leave everything behind if you want the four of us to be together again. If you say yes then I am sure Neela and Aman will agree," her father stated.

Avni totally lost her appetite and she was sure pretty sure her temper was to follow.

"Spit it out Ashish Mehta!"

He looked at her solemnly.

" Neil and you haven't been married a year yet. No children yet. Therefore this is the best time to leave. Divorce Neil and come with me. You were meant to be a free bird. Being married to a police officer, you will end up being a constricted housewife once he decides you can't pursue your career anymore. He is obliging you for now Avni, but for how long?"

Avni stood up and her mug went flying.

Ali arrived at the scene.

"Avni tum theek ho?"

" Tum kaun ho?"

"Mera best friend our Riya ka fiance, " Avni snapped.

"That doesn't explain why he is interfering in our conversation ," Ashish stated.

Avni smiled slightly at Ali.

"Sorry Ali for the broken mug. I will make up for it," she said.

"Don't worry yaar. The person who caused the mess should pay for it," Ali said looking directly at Ashish.