Part Three

It had been ages since Avni had been out on a holiday anywhere. This morning upon awakening, the other side of the bed was empty. She sighed in relief, as she stretched out her legs. She was sore from sleeping in scrunched up position.

Suddenly she smelled a masculine scent and she knew it had to be her husband of less than 24 hours, maybe more if you count when they signed the marriage certificate. She took a deep breath and turned to face him.

He had a playful smirk on his face as usual, whenever it came to dealing with her.

She rolled her eyes and tried to get up but her legs cramped and she almost sunk to the floor. But she didn't meet the floor. His strong arms held her firmly.

"Kya hua? Tum theek toh ho?"

" My legs cramped up from the way I was sleeping last night," she mumbled.

He sat her back on the bed.

"First of all relax. Then Mrs. Neil Khanna see the magic of your husband's fingers," he said with glee.

She looked at him alarmed.

" Relax, it will get better I promise, I swear," he said.

She allowed him to take her leg and straighten it out and then the other. She couldn't deny she had goosebumps as he did his magic.

He placed her feet back down.

"Now I will make sure the geyser is on. You can take a hot shower in a few minutes. Also remember I won't bit you, at least not yet," he added with a smirk.

She threw a pillow at him, but he had already ducked.

Avni came downstairs for her pelhi resoi. The only thing she could make was poha, but she promised Bebe and Shweta she would learn more dishes. Bebe in fact taught her to make kheer and halwa that very morning.

The three ladies arrived with the dishes and served the the rest of the family.

Bebe and Shweta praised Avni's ability to learn things quickly.

Neil passed her a wink and a thumbs up sign.

Avni smiled gratefully back at him.

Later she dressed in a red sari to go see her mother and brother. Aman, Ali and Riya came to come get her.

She smiled at everyone and took their blessings.

"Sham ko milte hain pati dev," she hissed.

" I am looking forward to it wifey," he replied.

Why did she have such a guey sweet feeling in her insides whenever he gave her attention?

She was led away to the car and Neil stood there until the car was out of sight.

Bebe pulled his ear.

He winced.

"Bebe kya kari hai aap?"

"Isse kehte hai pyaar tillu. You used always say you would never fall in love, now look at you!"

She let go of his ear and kissed his cheek.

Neil sighed but grew concerned as to what the future held.

He kept busy with some office work before heading out with everything his mother and Bebe had packed for his in laws.

He arrived with everything but the flowers he had bought got drenched in the rain as he walked towards the front gate.

Neela had Aman and a few servants help Neil with the things.