Can't let you go

Part Four

They explored the village for most of the day. Neil realized his wifey was a kltuz. He teased her about it often.

She had stumbled onto him again.

"Avni I am starting to think you like being close to me," he commented.

She blushed and pulled away.

They ended up hopping on a boat cruise. The crew provided them with a bottle of champagne to pop open when they reached the location to view the sunset.

Avni was excited and popped the cork and before Neil could stop her she had a bit too much. She got pretty tipsy.

"Yeh ladki bhi na!"

He chased her around and was able to make her sit besides him as they saw the sunset. She leaned against his shoulder.

Slowly but surely he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

She sighed and her speech slurred.

He stroked her hair and pulled back her hair so he could visualize her face.

Neil had to admit Avni was beautiful. His heart lurched at the thought of anyone harming her.

His lips had just brushed her hairline when he heard the sounds of a bullet discharging from a gun in the distance.

He pulled up his drunk wife, and pulled her along with him. They made into the speedboat before either one of them could be shot at.

"Darren speed up the boat!," Neil yelled.

Darren sped up and they had nearly made it to the shore when Avni fell overboard.

Neil jumped in after her.

Darren stopped the boat and was able to avoid harming either one of them further. Neil thanked his intense training that he was able to hold his breath long enough under water to grab Avni and get her on the floating device.

Darren helped them get back on the boat.

Neil spat out some water.

" I am going to start cpr, keep going. I have revive her!," Neil gasped.

He did fifteen compressions. Each time he checked for any breathing. Before he could complete the first thirty set, she gained consciousness and spit out the water from her lungs and vomited.

She alive and breathing.

Once they got to shore, a doctor was called. Neil had to monitor her for fever and any difficulty breathing, but overall, action had been taken in the right amount of time.

"Your wife will be ok Mr. Khanna. Call me if you need anything else," the doctor stated handing him a card.

Neil thanked him and tucked it into his jeans pocket.

He turned to Darren.

"Thanks buddy. You helped me save my wife. Sorry about the vomit," Neil mumbled.

"It's ok. Take care of your wife, we can settle this later," Darren assured him.

Neil gave him a considerate nod and picked up Avni and they headed off towards their suite.

He quickly changed his clothes and hesitantly looked in her drawer for dry clothes.

"Sorry Avni, but I can't let you die," Neil whispered.

Neil did the best he could to dry her off and ended up putting her in a t-shirt of his. He covered her up and then snuggled slowly next to her.

Avni was twisting and turning sometime later that night. Neil pulled back to see if she was frightened to their sudden proximity or because she was having a nightmare.

" Mujhe papa chaiye hai! Unko mat maro!"," Avni muttered.

Neil shook her awake.

"Avni wake up!"

She gasped awake. She stared into his brown orbs.

He caressed her face and smoothed back her errant strands from her face which had stuck to her face due to her perspiration.

He sat her up. He grabbed the water and sat down in front of her.

She drank it sloppily and it dripped down her neck.

He swallowed hard. He left her briefly to grab a towel and dried her off after she stopped sipping.

"Ab kaise lagra hai?"

She sighed.

" Kya main behosh thi?"

"Yeah you had some champagne and then..," Neil trailed off as he recalled how he could have lost her earlier that evening.

She realized she was in her underwear and just his t-shirt.

Noticing her confused and upset, he was going to try to soothe her but she spoke first.

"Tum mere pati ho. Tumara haaq bante hain meri madad karna."

"Avni you understand I only did this to save you?"

She nodded.

"I trust you Neil."

To his utter surprise she leaned in and kissed his forehead and his eyelids but was too shy from going further.

He grasped her upper arms and looked deeply into her eyes.

" Promise me no more uncontrolled drinking ever. You will let me teach you some self defense too."

Avni nodded.

"Abhi shuru kare?"

"Wifey..

"Kya?"

" We won't get anywhere unless you get fully dressed first," he said huskily as he squeezed her thigh from above the blanket.

Avni merely blushed and nudged him a few inches back.

She told Neil to cover his eyes as she slipped out of their bed. Once he heard the door shut of the washroom he chuckled to himself. He had truly married an ajooba.