The Ramifications of an unexpected return

Avni was in shock.

Neil grew concerned about her condition, the doctor was called.

Finally she drank some water from her mother's hands. She nearly smacked Aman for teasing her.

Neil sighed with relief but only for a moment as later on they got the call the hearing could not be delayed.

"Ab kya hoga case ka? We need to keep Avni safe," Prakash declared.

" Relax Sunny. Avni will be fine soon, and now that her father is back we also have to start the case for what happened fifteen years ago," Bebe stated.

" That is what disturbs me Bebe. I told Ashish he was putting our family in danger due to his unethical work practices. The wrong people and timing ,we almost lost Avni fifteen years ago and again yesterday. Why would he come back now and cause more turmoil for us?"

"Neela you have so much strength for having to choose between your children and your husband. Have you considered giving Ashishji another chance to make things right?," Shweta asked.

" I cannot let him meet Avni alone. He tried to manipulate her against us and Neil. Neil has more love and loyalty towards Avni than her own father. He doesn't deserve this tension either," Neela declared.

"We will all be with Avni. But I can come with you Ma if you decide to meet him," Neil said warmly.

"Nahin Neil. Stay with Avni. If I go I will take Ali or Aman. Avni needs you now," she stated before going to check on her daughter.

Neil laid his head in his Bebe's lap.

She calmly stroked his head and assured him all would be well soon.

"Neil beta, we all have to be strong for Avni now. So much has happened in her life in such a short amount of time," Prakash declared.

"Jee Dad, I will stay with her after Neela Ma leaves," Neil declared.

Shweta came over to hug her son.

" Mujhe pata hai ki tum bauth pareshan hai Tillu. Lekin hum sab hain na tere aur Avni ke saath," his mother assured him.

"Thanks Mom," Neil whispered.

Avni sat lost in thought when Neil entered with some food for her. She needed to start her medications and he would offer to check her dressings. If she was not comfortable he would ask his mother or Bebe.

She looked up at him.

" Kuch khalo. You need to take your medicines on time," he stated softly.

" Medicines are yucky," she retorted.

"Avni but you need to take them so you can get better faster," he urged.

" Theek hai par mujhe choclates chaiye hai," she declared.

Neil chuckled.

"That can be arranged. Par pelhe meri baat manao," he insisted.

She took the medicines slowly and nearly spat them out. But he insisted she take them anyway.

He left her briefly to grab the chocolates.

When he returned she was nearly asleep. He smiled at her and kissed her forehead. He left the chocolates besides her medicine bottles. In this way she would know he had not broken his promise. He had to win her over again.

He knew it would be hard work, but as along as she stayed well that is all that mattered to him.

He later laid besides her thinking of the court date tomorrow. How would they be able to keep Vikram Thakkar away in jail without Avni's testimony?