Some deep connection

Part Six

Two days later, one of the gardens in Enzei, France..

Neil and Avni both wore casuals today. Avni had recovered rapidly. Today Neil was going to teach her self-defense.

" Are you sure about this Neil?"

He walked over to her. He firmly placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Avni you need to be able to protect yourself. In case if I am ever too far away, you can defend yourself until I can reach you.."

She shook her head at him.

"You are not understanding Neil. I don't want to hurt you while.."

Neil smiled.

" Relax wifey, I am sure you will learn quickly. I work out come rain or shine, I can deal with a few minor blows," he assured her.

Avni nodded.

Neil positioned himself behind her and held her elbows.

"So Avni if someone attacked you from behind like this, then you.. he trailed off.

Within a moment he found himself on his back near the pond.

Avni leaned over him.

Neil snapped out of his shock and grasped her wrist and pulled her so their chests collided.

"Why didn't you tell me you were already trained?"

Avni smiled.

"You were so sweet to try to teach me, I didn't want to hurt you," she admitted.

He gently moved her off of himself and feigned hurt.

"I can't believe this Avni. You hid this from me," he declared.

"Neil it's not like that.."

"Here I was worried in case something happens and I am not there how will you be safe.."

"Neil I didn't just take journalism in college. I mean Ma wanted me to feel secure after what happened when I was a child."

"Admit it Avni this means you will leave me after the trial," Neil faltered.

It was one of his fears that Avni wouldn't need him or want this relationship one day and she would just leave him behind.

She grasped his arm realizing he was actually hurt.

"Neil suno meri baat please," she pleaded with him.

He turned around.

She held his hands firmly.

"Up until now I have never left a relationship because i wanted to. Whether it was any friendship or my father's disappearance and possible death, I never abandoned anyone or anything else I truly believed in," Avni admitted.

Neil gazed back at her in amazement.

Avni never failed to surprise him.

"Ok then wifey. I have an interesting proposition,"Neil declared.

"What is it?"

"We combat each other openly. Prove to me if you are ever in trouble you can get yourself out of it without any help. If you can beat me, you can choose our next activity after we explore the next tourist attraction on our itinerary,"Neil declared.

"What if you win?," she hissed.

" I thought you were more confident than that," Neil declared.

"I am but I want to know in case I loose what are you are going to choose," Avni admitted.

Neil smiled.

He leaned in and whispered it into her ear.

She gasped.

"No way Neil.!"

"Then you better win wifey," he hissed.

They practiced different scenarios. It seemed like Avni had the upper edge but Neil being more muscular actually beat her in the end.

Avni sighed.

"Next time I am gonna beat you husband," she snapped.

She had not been able to push aside what he had whispered earlier into her ear. She wanted to kick herself for not being more focused.

"Listen Avni if what I said earlier , if you are not comfortable with that idea, then I have another idea," Neil quipped.

Avni sighed.

"Theek hai bolo," she snapped.

"How about I show you?"

He leaned in and she immediately knew what he meant.

A kiss was just a kiss right?

If she didn't want to continue she could always back away.

As his lips neared hers, she leaned in and claimed his lips anyway.

They separated to get some air.

Neil leaned his head against hers for a moment before stepping back.

"Let's go get cleaned up wifey," he whispered.

As he held her wrist and led her back to their villa, she admired him. He barely knew her, and she barely knew him. Yet there was such a strong connection between them within just a few months of their first meeting.

" If you loose you have to go for a couples body massage with me after we get to Italy," he whispered.

She was nervous to let him see her in such a situation . They had been married a little over a week.

Then later they had kissed.

Later on as he ran his fingers in her mane to help her untangle her wet hair, he asked," What would you have chosen?"

She smiled to herself.

"I wanted you to teach me how to swim if you know how."

Neil chuckled.

"I thought you would know how to swim," he quipped.

She shook her head.

He realized she wasn' t joking.

"I will teach you anyway," he whispered.