Part Fifteen

Author's note: I have no idea how this turned out to be the longest part so far , enjoy!

Aman was determined to know the full truth before considering trusting his father again. Avni would be coming over soon as well.

"Ma did you know dad was alive all these years?"

"Aman I was furious seeing Avni's state. In the past fifteen years no letters , not one call to inquire about you or Avni that I am aware of," Neela exclaimed.

"Ma I recall when I was about six I felt like someone was around when I walked home from school a few times. I was at Rajit's birthday party two years ago. There was a raid by the police and someone that wasn't you or Di bailed me out. I tried to tell you but you were so angry," Aman admitted.

"Perhaps he has been watching over you. But abandoning Avni that night was his worst sin," Neela declared.

Avni had just arrived and stood there for a moment shocked.

Her father had been incapiated that night. For years she suspected he had been killed or severely injured that is why she was there bleeding for sometime before Ali and another boy had found her.

She tried to swallow the lump in her throat but it was unbearable. Tears began to fall as she entered the room where she could be seen by her brother and their mother.

"Avni beta!"

Aman looked on with concern as well.

"Di I was just.."

"So he left me for dead? He wasn't too hurt that night? Did he even come try to see me after I was brought to the hospital?," Avni asked.

Neela nodded.

"Yes he did. I was so furious with him."

"Ashish goodness knows how long Avni was there bleeding. They don't even know if she will live," Neela cried.

" It was my battle. I should have never allowed her to come to the factory with me," Ashish stated.

"Why did you get involved with them anyway? You should have at least tried the police first. We could have investigated with some .."

" I don't want your family's help Neela. Already your father gave me loans. I could not take anymore," Ashish scoffed.

" So what you are family too! Now Avni may die," Neela declared.

Sometime later the doctors and nurses emerged.

They had their miracle but their relationship was broken beyond repair.

" He may have peeked on you maybe once more before he disappeared. I assumed he may got himself in further trouble or killed. In order to protect you and Aman, I had you both take my maiden name and we moved to Delhi for a few years," Neela declared.

"Now all that makes sense. But what does Ashish Mehta want now?," Avni asked.

"He wants us to be a family again," Aman stated.

Avni sighed.

" Ma the real issue is between me and Ashish Mehta. Aman I don't mind if you want to keep relations with him. As for me, I need to talk to him again. I trust you Ma but I still will give him a chance to explain himself."

"Beta I don't want your marriage with Neil to suffer because of him. Already he destroyed so much. I could not bear it if he ruins your life again," Neela expressed.