Epilogue

Author's note: So all I have decided this is the end of the story. Mostly because I have written what I think is adapt for this story. Even if Naamkaran had gotten an extension , I would have ended it here. Thanks so much for following me thus far. Please keep checking out my work in the future as well.  You are all so awesome and sweet!

Epilogue - five years later

Tonight would be the official announcement. Prakash Khanna was officially retiring from the company that his father started many years ago. He was handing the reins to the next generation.

Pitter patter was heard around the Khanna household. Avni was in the mandhir with Bebe when a smaller figure ran up behind her and hugged her legs.

She smiled as she placed the thali down in front of the Ganeshji murti. She caressed the head of a small four year old child.

Neev Khanna had filled their lives with more love than anyone else had thus far. She picked up her son and hugged him.

Bebe leaned over and caressed his cheek.

Shweta came rushing after him.

" Bebe this naughty boy, I do not know how I raised Neil. This boy is so much harder to deal with sometimes," she cried.

Bebe laughed.

" This is what happens when you spoil him Madonna!," Bebe retorted as she pinched his cheeks.

" Ma, mujhe dhood nahin chaiye," he declared.

"Dadi ki baat humhe mani parti hai Neev," Avni said as she sat him down and took the milk from her mother-in-law's hands.

He pouted like Neil did whenever he was forced to do anything anyone else wanted him to do. However like his father, he usually listened to his mother.

He drank the milk hesitantly.

Bebe took him to get ready for preschool, then Avni turned to face Shweta.

"Ma don't take stress. Main usko pila dongi," she assured her.

" Avni, Prakashji is going to retire today. How will you handle Neev and office on your own?"

Avni smiled.

" Hum saab hain ek saat. Aur mere paas do maaien hain aur Bebe, aur papaji bhi hain. Neil kabhie bhi late jata hai office mein."

Shweta sighed.

"Tum theek kahiye re ho. I just get stressed for no reason. Chal Neev ko drop karke, Neelaji ko bhi milna hai," she stated.

Neela hugged and had a little chat with her grandson.

Aman and Kareena were at work. They had married two years ago. They would join them at the party tonight. Riya arrived with her year old daughter with Ali to catch up a bit.

"Yaar mujhe pata hai ki ab tum bahut busy ho jayagi. Prakash Uncle is retiring. Your workload will be tougher now," Ali commented.

" Nahin yaar. I will always have time for my family and my little niece," Avni said kissing Roshini's cheeks.

They dropped Neev off and returned home to finish preparations.

Avni called Neil to see how things were.

"Hey wifey, Neev ko drop off kar diya?"

"Haan, he was bothering Dadi this morning like usual," she replied.