Chapter 22

"Friends with benefits..."

"Shush."

"Friends with benefits..."

"Shut up."

"Fuck buddies with fucking benefits."

"SHUT UP, MICHAEL!" This day couldn't get any worse. Probably the only thing good about today is when Luke told me he's gay. At least I have a shot.

"We should get goldfish crackers," Luke suggested. "I mean, last time I remember Harry and Niall wanted to have those."

"Good thinking, Ashton's fuck buddy," Michael said as he skipped off to the snack aisle. I groaned as Luke pulled me close to him.

"Why the hell did you tell him that?" I glared up at Luke.

"Tell him what?" he asked, shrugging innocently. "It's just a bit of fun."

"Telling Michael we're friends with benefits isn't fun."

"It is for me." Then I felt Luke's hand start to slip down from my shoulders to my back to my waist to my-

Then I smacked his hand and he retracted it, rubbing it with his other hand.

"Michael's waiting for us," I informed him. "We better go." Then I walked off to the snack aisle where Michael should be it. Luke ran after me until he was beside me. I saw Michael standing in front of a bunch of goldfish crackers, most likely trying to decide which one he wanted. "Just get the original one."

"I want to get the rainbow ones," Michael said, staring between the choices. "You know, for Haz, because he's gay."

"You're an idiot. He's pansexual."

"I'm still getting the rainbow goldfish crackers for him." He placed the crackers into a basket I didn't even know he had and carried it off to search for more snacks. "Oreos are a definite yes!"

"You're like a teenage girl, except you don't shop for clothes. You shop for snacks."

"I'd go commando if it means getting free snacks." I laughed at that, even though it was the one of the dumbest things I've heard him say. I could sense Luke behind me, and I began walking with Michael.

"Ashton!" I raised an eyebrow at the unfamiliar high pitched voice. I turned around, and- oh, God.

"Oh, speak of the slut," Michael whispered.

"What do you want, Jasmine?" I questioned. "I'm a bit busy right now."

"Your friend, Liam, interrupted our date yesterday," she said.

Date?

"What date?"

"The concert one, silly." She tapped my nose, letting out this annoying giggle. "The date where you and I were supposed to fall madly in love and run off together, forgetting about the concert and your friends." Suddenly Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him. He rested his head on my shoulder and I looked at him as he glared at Jasmine.

"He's taken, you know," Luke said deadpanned.

"Oh, really?" Jasmine scoffed. "I don't see his girlfriend anywhere."

"Who said anything about him having a girlfriend?" My eyes went large. Is he implying what I think he's implying?

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, anyway.

"Yeah, what are you talking about? Ashton is nowhere near gay." Then she looked at me. "I knew that blond kid yesterday wasn't your boyfriend."