Chapter 23

AN: What if I told you that this story won't have Malum?

"Look who finally decided to show up?" Liam announced when Luke and I went through his front door.

"You're right," I said to him. He cocked an eyebrow. "I should really stay away from Jasmine."

"She's a clingy bitch, ain't she? Thinking everything she wants is hers." He scoffed. "Poor you. So, what happened to Luke here?"

"This doof thought it was a good idea to carry me while his stomach was not in good condition." I led Luke over to the loveseat and I told him to lie down. He told me he wanted me to let him use my lap as a pillow.

So that's how I'm sitting near the end while Luke is on his back, his head resting on my lap and his feet hanging off of the armrest.

"Does this have something to do with Jasmine?" I nodded. "Figured."

"GOLDFISH CRACKERS?!" I heard Niall exclaim. Luke jumped a bit at Niall's loud voice, so I played with his hair to calm him. Liam and I watched Niall sprint out of the kitchen and running out the door, no doubt going to my car to get the goldfish crackers. Michael and Calum walked out of the kitchen, laughing at Niall's eagerness to get to said snacks. I glanced down at Luke and his chest was rising and falling at an even pace. He must've fallen asleep. That was rather fast.

"I don't think I know your name," Liam said to Calum as he stood up. He walked over to him and stuck his hand out. "My name's Liam."

"Calum," he answered as the two shook hands. "Luke and I are best friends."

"That's nice to know." They exchanged smiles, and then Niall ran into the house.

"Ashton! Keys! NOW!" he demanded.

"Michael has them," I told him. His eyes darted towards Michael who was slowly backing up. Then Niall started running, causing Michael's instincts to kick in and tell him to get away from Niall at all costs. They ran around the house, screaming at one another. I was a bit surprised that the loudness of Niall and Michael didn't seem to wake Luke. He was still sleeping like a baby.

"They're lucky my family isn't home," Liam laughed as he went to the kitchen. He returned a few moments later with a glass of water in his hand and he took a seat on a black recliner, sipping out of the glass. Calum took a seat on the armrest beside me and looked at Luke.

"Is he going to be okay?" Calum asked, worry filling his voice.

"Yeah, he'll be fine," I reassured him, my hand still brushing through Luke's blond hair. "He's an idiot."

"He does stupid things when it comes to someone he loves." Suddenly Liam slamemd the glass cup down onto the table in front of him. It didn't shatter, surprisingly. He began coughing and Calum immediately got up to pat Liam's back.

"Did you just say 'loves'? Like, Luke loves Ashton?" Liam coughed, his eyes practically bulging out of his head.

"I meant that Luke loves all of his friends, so of course when it comes to someone he loves, like friends and family, he's going to do something dumb," Calum explained.

Yeah, Liam. Don't go thinking Luke loves me.

Liam doesn't even know Luke's gay, so of course hearing that he likes a guy is going to make the water he was drinking go down the wrong tube.

Luke doesn't love me. We're just friends. Friends that kissed four times. And we tend to NONSEXUALLY touch each other a lot. Well, Luke does say things as if he's hinting he has a crush on me, but unless he actually admits it I won't believe it.