Chapter 32

So, I can't just quite yet say it Happy Ever After. Well, for me it is, sort of. I have my mom, a twin, two half brothers, and all that's left is my dad. Well, mom called him last night and boy, he thought he was dead and was now in heaven. It was hilarious. But dad's coming. And I'm happy about that. I missed him for all these years. He sounding like his normal self, which has been a while, on the phone. Dad didn't sound mad at all that Marty lied to him, he was just happy she was back.

Mom promised no more secrets. Ok, I might of made her promise but she did and that's the point. I've always hated secrets.

I found out Nancy is homeschooled and, I'm sorry, but I could never bear it. It's horrible. Not being able to go outside, not being able to study with others, it's just... ech. So Nancy, Mom, Fragil, Casper, and I sat around the shquished little table and had a talk. Casper a Fragil, as expected, didn't really take part of it. We were talking about moving to a more family friendly home and neighborhood, but we didn't know where so we called Marty over. He was acting normal and happy and bubbly but from knowing him so long, I knew something was wrong. But I decided not to ask.

"Marty! We need your help! Now that everything is settled between Casper, Fragil, Nancy, Julie and I, and now that we're a sort of complete family, I feel that we have to move. " Mom explains when Marty marches in.

"Move!" Marty exclaims "Already! But we just got here!"

"I know, I know, but-" Mom stops mid-sentence. "You OK, Marty?"

"I- uum I can't tell you now."

"Marty, we all agreed no more secrets. They already messed up so much." Nancy speaks up for about the first time ever.

"You're right, you're right. OK. I talked to Jennifer."

"You did?" I asked.

"Yes, yes, I did."

"And?" Mom asks, afraid.

"She has a lovely fiance and we uuum- we decided to be friends." Marty explains, not showing any emotion.

"WHAT?!" I practically scream, snapping Casper and Fragil back to the table. "YOU DID WHAT!?"

"Listen, she has a fiance, alright?" Marty says. "Keep your voice down"

"Ok, but still, why would you do that? Friends? Wow, Marty, that's just pitiful. Why didn't you get her back?!" I ask.

"Because, I already told you, she has a fiance!" Marty says. "Now, drop the subject."

"Marty, I'm sorry, but you still love her and she still loves you. She only broke the relationship because she thought you didn't love her anymore. That's the only reason. She doesn't actually love Tim. She just doesn't want to be alone. Marty, go get your wife back." Mom says, placing her hand on Marty's.

"Jennifer still? She thought? But why didn't she? How?" Marty stammers.

"Go, Marty." Mom says.

\With that Marty stands up and runs out the door without turning back.

"Good for you, Marty." I say.