Chapter 37

The house was huge. Much bigger than I imagined. After our emotional and dramatic little reunion we had there in the airport, we walked to the car. It was a different car than Dad's old rusty little peice of junk. But it was familiar. It was Marty's van, so all the six of us fit in nicely.

About a half hour later, we came to a nice white house with light blue lines splayed across the front. The shutters on the windows had the same color and the dark blue door stood out among the bright colors. I looked like  cozy little place, but that changed on the inside.

Unlike Fragil and Casper, we took our time looking through he house. Once inside, there was a room with two arches leading to different room. This was the foyer. The stairs were right infront of us, which were wide and leading straight up. There was a coat closet, and a small door leading to another room. Peaking in there, we saw a mud room leading to the garage and a washer and dryer. We went back to the foyer and to the room on the left. It opened up into a living room and kitchen. The kitchen was huge! Maybe even bigger than Marty's! It had blonde wood cabintry and granite countertops which had a hint of the light blue in them. And the living room was empty. like Mom said, but still a big space. There were two doors: one that lead to the huge basement and one that was a bathroom. Another bigger door lead outside to the backyard, where there was a pool.

Back inside, and across the foyer to the other room, there was a formal dining room. There was another room which was the study.

Then we went upstairs. There was one hallway with five doors and a railing inbetween two of the doors looking dow on the kitchen and living room.

"Nice way to call you guys to dinner, don't you think?" Mom joked and we all smiled.

The first door to the left was apparently  Fragil's bedroom. Then across the hall was a master bedroom which was going to be Mom and Dad's bedroom. It had a nice balcony looking out on the street like Fragil's. Next to their bedroom was a bathroom and on the the other side of the bathroom was a decent sixed room which I said would be mine. It had a balcony showing the pool and backward and the forest behind the house. Finally, across the hall, was yet another bedroom which was the same size as mine with the same balcony, so NAncy called it.

"But what about Casper? Where's the fifth bedroom?" Nancy asked.

"That, my darling, is right here." Dad said opening a little door just outside of Nancy's bedroom that no one noticed. It was the same color as the walls. Inside were steep steps. When we came to the top, a nice, quant little room lay before us. 

"Why does he get the coolest room?" Nancy complained.

"Because you weren't fast enough." Mom joked and stuck out her tongue, running down the steps with Dad only to fall on her butt on the last step.

"Hah! That's what you get for making fun of me!" Nancy yells playfully.

"May I help you?" Caspers voice rings out.

"He's acting like he's a Doctor of some sort and this is his office." Nancy whispers to me. Then in a louder but playfull voice she adds to Casper," Go lock yourself in a box, Casper!"

Then Nancy and I run down the stairs, giggling.