Chapter 39

At lunch, and for the first time ever, I didn't sit with the popular people. I sat with Nancy. And soon Molly and her friends came and sat with us.

"That was cool what you did over there in the hall this morning." Molly says to me, and her friends nod in agreeement.

"Thanks. Hey, Molly? I'm sorry, about everything. I was just having a hard time and... I don't know." I apologize.

"Ehhh, it's fine. As long as you don't ever do it again."

"I promise. Friends?" I ask, sticking out my hand.

"Well," Molly says suspiciously, turning to her friends. "There is one thing I'd like you to do."

"And that is...?" I ask nervously, glancing at Nancy.

"Ok, listen." Molly begins, leaning closer. Then she whispers her plan to me.

"Ok, I'll do it." I say, and stand up.

I walk torwards the middle table. The popular table. I make sure  a teacher is watching me. Then I fasten my pace when I see Belle about to throw the rest of her food away and step in between her tray and the trash can, causing the remanings of her lunch to spill on my shirt.

I gasp in fake surprise. Belle's mouth turns in an O shape. "How dare you?! This is a new shirt!" I gasp.

I see the teacher rushing over.

"Belle! Why did you throw your lunch at Cassandra!?" She screams. It's going to take a while before people get my name straight.

Then from somewhere in the cafeteria, a boy yells,"Food fight!!!" and throws his lunch at his friends. That gets the whole cafeteria going and soon bits of hamburgers are flying from table to table. Nancy, Molly and her freinds and I duck low and escape to the library thats next to the cafeteria, just as we see Belle and the rest of her table being dragged to the office.

"Phew, that was awesome!" Nancy exclaims once were safily in the library.

"Ya, Julie! You should join the drama club!" Molly says.

"I might just do that!" I reply. "And you guys owe me a shirt!"

"Just talk to Mom and soon that'll come from Belle!" Nancy says.

"Hah! That's a joke! Belle buying me a shirt!" I say, and we all burst out laughing.

But after Nancy and I told Mom about what Belle did, Mom called up Belle's mom, and the day after, I got a new shirt!