Chapter 34

"We have something to announce." Marty gleamed.

Once again, the whole family was gathered around the round table. Jennifer and Marty were holding hands.

"Marty and I have talked. A lot, trust me. I knew all along that I never loved Tim so I broke up with him." Jennifer announced, seeming almost relieved.

"Sooooo," Marty continued. "We have decided to move to China. Together."

The room erupted with cheers. I ran up and hugged Marty hard. Then Nancy and Mom did the same.

"And." Marty says.

"There's more?!" Nancy and I squeal.

 "Yep! Since we have nothing really to do here and don't really have anything.... we're moving there tomorrow! I've been searching for the perfect house forever and now I've found one!" Jennifer says.

"Wow. I'm so incredibly happy for you guys!" Mom sighs.

"Yeah but what about you guys?" Marty asks, suddenly worried.

"Oh don't worry. I've settled things with Paul. Kids, we're moving back to California!"

"What?!" I yell before thinking. "I- I can't go back there! Those people I used to call 'freinds', they're evil!!!"

"Oh, honey, no. Don't worry about them." Mom says.

"I think you'd be good friends with Molly." Marty says.

Then it hits me. ALL the memmories from my second life. Belle, Carly and Josh, Justin. Molly, the girl I always teased.

"Wow, now all of a sudden Molly would make a good friend." I say and smile at Nancy. "So, are you going to get back together with Paul?" I turn to mom. 

"Yes, I think so. He always seemed...... I don't know."

"Incomplete without you?" I answer for her.

"Yes, exactly."

"He needs you, Mom. Desperatly. I'm happy to go back."

"That's great to hear, honey. How about you, Nancy?"

"Uum, sure! California sounds rad!" Nancy says.

"And you, boys?"Mom says turning to Casper and Fragil.

"Sure!" Casper replies.

Fragil stands up and sits in my lap. "Julie? Are we moving?"

"Yes, Fragil, I think we are. Do you want to move?"

"Where to?"

"To California!" I say.

"California? Where's that?"

"It's a long way from here. But you'll like it!"

"OK! Will I be able to stay with you?"

 "Yes, of course, Fragil! We're family, and family sticks together!"