-17-

Beyoncé hid.

She hid in the basement.

She could hear everything and was terrified. There hasn't ever been a time where she found herself this scared.

Her hand covering her mouth silenced her cries.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." She said over and over again in her head.

All she had to do was stay put. She could've been relaxing with her man right now, but no. she risked everything to save his dumb ass and he wasn't even here!

Life is crazy. Like what are the odds?

Beyoncé jumped when she heard 3 shots ring off. She pressed her hand tighter over her mouth because she started crying harder.

Yeah, she wanted to be free, but at what expense? She didn't want innocent people losing their lives just so she could live hers.

"Beyoncé." Marcus said looking around the basement for her. "You can come out."

She got up from her hiding spot and slowly walked towards him. "Come on, hurry. We gotta Get out of here. Like now. There's no more time to waste, yo. Let's go." Marcus rushed.

"Who got shot?" Beyonce asked ignoring everything else he said.

He ignored her until Beyoncé stopped walking and forced him to look at her by stepping in front of him.

"Who got shot, Marcus?" She repeated with more bass and more attitude in her voice.

"Never mind that shit, Bey. It wasn't your mother or sisters. Let's go."

"Okay." She sighed in relief. "Please just let me hug them goodbye." Beyoncé begged. She knew she wouldn't be able to see them for a while... she only hoped that she'd at least see them again in this lifetime.

Excuse the dramatics.

He sighed and led her up the steps.

"BB, come here." Tina said quickly. "I love you so much. Please stay in touch if you can." She hugged her daughter tightly before directing her to hug her sisters.

Beyoncé hugged Solange and Kelly as well. "Come here guys." She mumbled and they all hugged and shed tears on one another.

Beyoncé made sure to tell them how much she loved them because again, this could be their last time seeing each other.

"Where's Michelle?" Bey asked looking around.

"Just go, Beyoncé." Tina insisted.

"Where's Michelle?!" She asked again and nobody answered. She tearfully turned to look at Marcus who had shame written all over his face. It finally clicked in her mind.

"You killed my sister?" Bey asked him.

He didn't answer. "Y'all let him kill Michelle and still want me to go with him?" Beyoncé asked with tears in her eyes. "What the hell is wrong with y'all?!"

"Beyoncé, don't you want to get back to Jay? I was only trying to protect you. She told the cops you were in the house. I had to do something." Marcus said to defend himself.

Beyoncé shot her eyes at him. If looks could kill, he'd be dead for sure. "You didn't have to kill her, Marcus!"

Tina jumped in again. "Beyoncé, I'm not happy about it. At all. But what can I do?"

Beyoncé looked at her mother in shock. She was acting like she didn't care about her own daughters death. It made Bey's stomach hurt.

Everyone stood in silence as Beyoncé eyed them.

"Please just come on, Bey. We need to be getting to the plane before Jay do the same shit you did." Marcus said and pulled her hand, but she quickly snatched it away.

"I'll find my own fucking way. Y'all make me sick." She pushed Marcus and ran through the back door. He fell over the table, but he hopped up. He quickly chased after her, but she was no where in sight.

"Wait!" He yelled. "Fuck."

He ran back through the house to go out of the front door. "Bye, guys. I'm really sorry about everything!" He yelled as he ran out And hopped in the car to chase Bey down.

"Where the fuck did she go?" He mumbled as he scanned the streets looking for her. She couldn't have gotten far.

He picked up his phone and quickly called Jay.

"What's up, Marcus!" He answered anxiously. "Tell me something."

"What are you doing right now?"

"Waiting for my private jet to get here. I'm about to be on my way back for her."

"No!"

"No?"

"Bro... I'm sorry. Something happened."

"What? What happened?" Jay panicked.

He sighed. "Long story short; we almost got caught and I ended up killing Michelle. Bey got pissed and now she's gone. I'm still looking for her, but I have no idea where she is."

"What the hell!? Find my wife, Marcus!" Jay yelled.

"I'm trying to, yo. But look, it's hot as hell right now so you cannot come back." Marcus had to make sure Jay didn't come back looking for her again because he knew he was going to find her and get her on a plane.

"How you going to tell me you lost my wife and then say I can't come back?! What do you expect me to do?"

"Be patient. Please. Because I'm going to bring her to you. Straight up."

Marcus hung the phone up and continued driving around. Talking back and forth with Jay was distracting him from the task at hand. He needed to find Beyoncé.

Beyoncé wasn't making it out of the states without him and he knew that. All he had to do was find her and apologize, so she'd come with him. She could be mad at him later.

She had no idea where she was going or what she was going to do.

'These damn hormones.' Beyoncé mumbled to herself.

Even though her and Michelle didn't get along, that didn't mean that she didn't love her.

More lives lost because of her. Her own damn sister.

She blamed herself for everything.

Bey really wanted to turn herself in and give it up, but she couldn't. She thought of her children and her husband. They could still have their happily ever after.

She was cold. The weather in Atlanta is always cutting up and today of course it decided to be rather cold.

"Where am I going to go? What am I going to do?" She mumbled to herself.