-18-

Beyoncé sat down on the bench at the park near her mom's house. She started off running, but 1. It made her look suspicious and 2. She was tired as hell.

She only made it a block and a half away from Tina's house, but it felt farther to her.

Thankfully no one was around the side of the park that she was on. She was near the water and as she looked out into the pond she could see her husband. She could see her sister. She could see her children.

Every time she dreamt, she dreamt of the same things.

It broke her down. She buried her face in her hands and cried her eyes out.

She cried because she felt stupid. She cried because she was scared. She cried about everything.

A few minutes later her silent sobs turned into louder outcries.

"Why?" She cried out and found herself making wishes that wouldn't come true.

She wished she never got involved with the robberies for one. That's what caused all of this.

She felt a hand on her shoulder causing her to flinch.

She sighed a sigh of relief when she looked up to see Marcus standing there.

"I'm so sorry." Beyoncé mumbled looking down at his feet. "That was dramatic and unnecessary."

"I'm sorry too, Bey. I shouldn't have shot your sister. I know you'll never forgive me for that, but I'll never forgive myself if something happens to you... and neither would Jay."

Bey chuckled a little bit and stood up. They hugged and Beyoncé cried in his chest. "Can you still help me get to my husband please?" She asked. "I'm sorry for being such a bitch."

"Stop. You're not a bitch. You're pregnant and emotional. Of course I'll still help you. Come on. We need to go."

Marcus led her to the car and they both got inside. "How did you even see me all the way over there?" Bey asked curiously.

"Truth is... I didn't. I was coming here to pray. I just happened to find you here."

Beyoncé opened her mouth to respond but, shut it as soon as she heard and saw sirens behind them.

"Of course." Marcus mumbled before thinking of something to do. It didn't make sense to make a run for the plane because they'd just follow them there.

"Get in the back and lay on the floor."

"They're going to see me." Beyonce whined.

"I'll cover you up. Just hurry up." He rushed.

Beyoncé did as she was told and crawled in the back. She laid as flat as she could and Marcus covered her with his back seat junk. He only hoped that they didn't try to search the car.

He slowed down and pulled over on the side of the road. His windows were tinted so you really couldn't see inside unless you tried really, really hard.

"Is there a problem, officer?" He asked calmly as he handed over his license.

The officer looked him up and down before inspecting his license.

"Is this your car, Marcus?"

He chuckled. "Yes, it is."

"Well the tail light is out... can you step out of the vehicle please?"

"W-why? What's the problem?"

"Just step out of the vehicle." The officer said in a harsher tone.

Marcus quickly stepped out of the car and shut the door behind him. "Unlock all of the doors."

He frowned and before he could protest, the officer placed a hand on his gun. "Unlock the-"

"224, Come in. This is 413 I need back up, bad accident on 39th and Brevort."

The officer eyed Marcus as he picked up his walkie talkie. "Copy that. I'm on the way."

"You're lucky as hell." The officer handed his license back and walked back to his car. Marcus watched as he sped off.

Finally he sighed a sigh of relief. His heart was pounding hard as hell.

He opened the back door. "Bey, you can get up. I almost just died, woe."

"Why? What happened?"

"That white cop was about to pull his gun on my ass."

"Oh my God. We need to get the hell out of here."

They both got back into the car and Marcus started driving to the clear port.

"Oh let me call Jay real quick." He said out loud before dialing his number.

"Yo, Marcus. Good news right?" Jay answered.

"Yeah. I found Bey, she's right here. We are about to hop on the plane in a little bit."

"Good looking out, man. Put her on the phone please."

Marcus handed the phone to Bey and she was excited and nervous at the same time. "Baby..."

"Bey." Jay sighed. "You scared the fuck out of me. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I told you to stay here. You don't listen." Jay wanted to chastise her, but he needed her to get here first. He decided to hold off on it until he actually saw her. He sighed. "Never mind. I'm just glad that you're alright, ma... I can't wait to see you."

Beyoncé smiled softly and teared up. "I can't wait to see you either, baby. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. We'll see each other soon, okay? No more running off though."

She chuckled. "I won't. I promise."

They ended the call and Beyoncé rested her head on the window.

"You good?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah... just tired."

"You can nap on the plane, we're almost there."