xv - brendon

"you're lucky that i can't hurt you." gianna told me as soon as she walked into the shop on monday afternoon.

  "what are you talking about?" i ask, pausing my music, and putting my guitar down. one of the only things i had brought from home when i went to live with cece was my acoustic guitar.

  "my dad gave me money to buy all this crap for you, but i had to use my card for some of it. my money."

  "sorry, miss priss." i smirk as i say this, and gianna glares at me, huffing in frustration as she struggles to bring paint cans inside. i prop the door open for her, seeing the trunk of her lexus open outside. i decide to help, going and grabbing plastic bags full of things. once it's all inside, i put my hands on my hips, looking at everything she bought.

  "you forgot one teeny tiny thing."

  "ugh, what?" gianna groans, rolling her eyes. rolling her eyes had to be this girl's only talent. i suspect that she does it a lot, especially when she doesn't get her way.

  "the brushes and rollers. we can't paint without either of those."

  "you go get them."

  "i'm not walking thirty five minutes to get to the store, and then thirty five minutes back. that's like, half of our day wasted. and i don't have enough money for bus tickets, right now." i remark. she looks at me with piercing blue eyes, and they're narrowed the slightest bit.

  "well, you're not driving my car."

  "how about i just go with you?" i suggest, and she looks as though she's just been slapped in the face. she is not subtle at hiding emotions. gianna's eyes widen, and she looks through the open door at the car, and then back at me.

  "fine, but don't touch anything." she growls.