xxxii - gianna

when andrew had grabbed me, yanked me, my heart stopped. he wasn't very nice to me when we were together, especially towards the end. we dated from freshman year until the middle of sophomore year, and i really thought he was the one. i even told him i loved him.

throughout our relationship, he would touch me and grab me when i would repeatedly ask him not to, and he'd kiss me, just to make a scene. just to use me because i'm the most popular girl in school, and he wanted to show me off to everyone. i didn't mind it at first, but then, it got to be a little much.

when brendon punched andrew, i was stunned. i had no idea that he had that in him, and i walked away. i was embarrassed, but thankful. brendon followed me towards the water, and we sat there in the silence of one another, and he rubbed my hand with his thumb, drawing things on my skin.

"thank you." i finally say, looking straight forward at the dark water.

"for what?"

"standing up for me."

"of course. i care about you, gianna. so much that it hurts, and i can hardly think straight."

i've been through little flings with other boys nearly all my life, it's just who i am. well, who i was. i can tell that brendon is changing me the more i'm around him, and i'm okay with that.

"i can really, really see myself with you, bren." i murmur, adjusting my head on his shoulder. he presses a kiss to the side of my head.

"bren. that's a new one."

"you've earned it." i chuckle, sitting straight up and pulling my knees to my chest, the breeze blowing my dark hair around. silence falls over us once again, and i continuously bury my bare feet in the cold sand, and before i know it, i'm being picked up and thrown over my boyfriend's shoulder.

"brendon!" i shout, and i see heads from the party turn in the distance. let them stare.

i steady myself by holding onto his back, and he runs into the water, putting both of us under it. oh, he was going to pay for this.