xvi - gianna

i'm dating the nerdy flower boy from the other side of town. who would've guessed? of course, no one but us knows about it, but i'm okay with that right now. today, i am particularly excited to go to the shop.

  last night, brendon and i were texting until almost one in the morning, and i had butterflies every time his name came up on my phone. i have him in as flower boy :).

  we talked about so many things under the sun. i'd never had an actual, real conversation with anyone like that before. that isn't my lifestyle, or my personality, but i have a feeling he's going to change that. i wondered if he felt as giddy and happy as i did.

  "hey, g." my mood was deflated as i walked in the flower shop, and brendon was simply leaning behind the counter, and he didn't even look up from his computer when i walked in. in fact, he doesn't even seem interested at all. what the hell?!

  "hey." i give him a 'what the hell' face as i approach the counter. finally, i grab his attention and he looks up at me lazily. his nose is healing well. it's been nearly a week since i admitted my feelings to him in my backyard.

  "sorry. didn't get much sleep last night," he mutters, yawning.

  "let's get started." he starts walking toward the shelves of cards, magazine, vases, etc. over the past couple of months, we've gotten so much done, it's unbelievable. and we did it all by ourselves. today, we're planning on restocking all of the shelves and moving them around the large room.

  "seriously, are you okay?" i ask.

  "yeah."

  "i don't think you are."

  "today's my...." i don't hear the end of his sentence.

  "what?"

  "today's my mom's birthday." he says, louder this time. my heart immediately aches, and i open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. shit.

  brendon stares at the floor, moving his shoe against it carefully, clearly trying to focus on something else. i'm not sure what compelled me to do what i did next, but i did it, and i don't regret it one bit.