xx - gianna

"stop being mean!" i gasp, pushing my bangs from my face with a paint brush in hand.

"i'm not!" brendon defends, smiling as he laughs. he puts his paint roller down in a tray to take a break, so i put my own brush down, walking over to the counter to sit on it.

i crossed my legs at the ankles, watching him sort through old magazines, tossing some of them in the garbage. i looked around at the work we had done, and realized how much the shop was improving. we've had fun over these past few weeks, working together. it turned into more fun than work, though.

all was silent as brendon walked over to me, not saying anything. i find my hands trembling against the counter the closer he gets closer to me, but i try to keep them steady. brendon steps in between my legs as i uncross them, and he leans on his hands against the counter on either side of me. his eyes go to my lips. our gazes meet one another, and he leans in to kiss me.

remember when i said i would slap him if he ever tried to make a move on me? well, i guess i was wrong.

i kiss brendon back, and his fingers pull my ponytail out and they tangle in my hair. i put my hands on his face, cupping his jaw, trying to keep myself upright. i become dizzy, my toes curl, and i sit up straighter, making him have to stand up straight against me. i wrap my legs around his torso, deepening the kiss for a moment before pulling away.

i look into brendon's deep, brown eyes, softly smiling.

"was that....okay?"