4

The week flys by, you spent most of it watching YouTube. Jacksepticeye just got back from tour, and Markiplier is being a big goof as usual.
You plug your phone in and get ready. It's Saturday. The day before the concert. There's a lot of driving to be done, so you two will have to get a days head-start. You shimmy into some black leggings and a dark blue shirt with a deer on it. As you're tying your laces to your converse, Sophie comes crashing in, her hair a mess.
"BECCA HURRY WE SLEPT IN-... oh.." And she just walks off to do god knows what.
"DO YOU WANT COFFEE?" She shouts from downstairs.
"YEAH!" I shout back.
I laugh to myself. She hasn't changed a bit since high school.

I decide to pack my backpack for the trip.
A sketch book, pencils, a notebook, a soda, a ziplock bag full of various candies, my flats, my phone charger, my phone, some cash, an extra water bottle, my wallet and the ugly umbrella.
I sigh and tie a jacket around my waist. Just in case.
With that, I bound down the stairs, being greeted with a grinning Sophie and a hot cup of coffee.

In the car, Bastille blasted from the speakers. She played every single disk she had of them. They were pretty good. Okay, really good. Not gonna lie, I think these guys could be my new favorite band.

The whole day passes and we finally get to the hotel. It's about 9:30pm and we're super tired.
We check into the hotel and Sophie stumbled up the stairs first. I went back out to the car and grabbed my backpack and hers, shutting the car door with my foot.
Struggling, I manage to make my way to the top of the steps. I hear deep voices laughing and trotting down the hall towards me. I go to look up before losing my footing, leaning slightly backwards and shouting out. Just as my feet leave the ground, a strong hand catches me by my wrist and pulls me back to my feet.
"You alright miss?" The man said. His voice was laced with a British accent, and I could hear the worry dripping from it.
"I'm fine..." I look up. Woah...
A few seconds pass where we just stare at each other, until it finally breaks when he replies, "...Are you sure?"
I shake my head, feeling the heat creep up my neck. "Yeah, I'm sure."
He smiles softly, sticking out his hand for a handshake. I reach out mine, dropping my backpack. God I'm so fucking awkward...
I bend down to grab it.
"No no no, I've got it." He says, our hands touching. I pull away shyly.
"Thanks."
He chuckles warmly. "Now let's try that one again, shall we?" He extends his hand to me again, and I take it, shaking it.
"Dan." He says.
"(Y/N.)" I smile at him.
He smiles softly. "Do you uh, need help with this? I'll walk with you to your room, if you'd like."
"No, it's fine, I got it." I say, trying to reach out for it.
"I insist." He smiles.
God, that smile.
"Alright." I say, slightly amused.

We got to the room me and Sophie were staying in, and I knocked on the door. Sophie opened it and then stiffened. She looked like she had suddenly got electrocuted.
Me and Dan looked at her, then each other.
I walked past her, and Dan entered behind me, his chest brushing Sophie's shoulder as he did.
"I'll set this down here then?" He said, pointing to the bed.
"Yeah, that's fine."
"Alrighty."

We stood there in the middle of the room, staring at each other, with Sophie still at the door, watching.
"So..." I said.
"So..." he rocked back on his heels, his hands in his pockets.
"Thank you." I whispered, smiling up at him.
"Y-You're welcome. It was nothing."
We stood there longer.

"Uhm... You've got a phone, yeah?" He says, taking his out.
I nod my head, reaching into my back pocket.
"May I...?" He says, holding his phone up.
"Of course."
He takes my phone, scrolling through it for a second before punching my number into his phone. And sending a message.
~Buzz Buzz~
I glanced down.
UNKNOWN: Hey. It's Dan
I create the contact and type out his name. I smile up at him.
"Thanks." I whisper.
"Anytime." He smiles back. "Text me later?"
"Sure!"
I walked him to the door, and waved goodbye as he walked down the hall. I shut the door and turned to see Sophie in my face.
She squealed. "NO FUCKING WAY"
I stepped back, blinking rapidly.
"What?"
"THAT WAS HIM! THAT WAS DAN FUCKING SMITH AND YOU GOT HIS NUMBER!!!" She said, jumping excitedly. Then she got really serious and looked at her arm. "I touched him.... OH MY GOD I TOUCHED HIM"
"Calm down! He was just helping me with my bag. I nearly fell down some steps and he caught me." I held up my hands.
"I can't even. I'm gonna go to bed so I can steal him from you tomorrow." She growled at me.
I thought she was excited? She looks like she wants to eat me. Why does she get like this? Bipolar bitch.
I stood there and watched her as she lied down in one of the beds and covered up.

After a quick shower, I dry myself off and hop in the empty bed and pull out my phone.
I smile as I open my text messages.
ME: Hi Stranger.

DAN: "stranger"? Ouch. I didn't have to carry your heavy ass backpack, you know. What do you carry in there, bricks? ;D

I giggle to myself.

ME: Something like that.