25-Dans POV

Just weeks after I came home, me and (Y/N) are woken up in the middle of the night.

I feel a wetness creeping under me, soaking my side and the bed beneath me. I fumble my hand around on the mattress, bumping my hand into (Y/N)'s side. Without thinking, my hand immediately reaches around to the front of her panties, feeling the source.
My eyes shoot open and I sit up, shaking her gently.
She sleepily looks over her shoulder at me, before her eyes widening indefinitely and she shoots up from her laying position and she looks at her lap, whipping the blanket back to reveal a giant dark wet spot on her (my) gray t-shirt.
She looks up at me, and I look at her. We're both terrified. Horribly excited, Yes. But terrified.

"We need to go. Now." I tell her. She shakes her head.
"Shouldn't we wake the boys?" She asks.
I pull her along, wrapping her in a blanket and carrying her to the car, laying her in the backseat. I hop in the drivers seat and I speed off towards the hospital.
The closest hospital is four hours away.

I swerve through traffic, going well above the speed limit, passing multiple cars in our rush to get to the hospital.
She's screaming. She's been screaming for an hour.
I reach my arm into the backseat, never taking my eyes off the road. I can't risk crashing right now.
I rub her leg. "Knees up, Honey. Breathe. Like that lady at the clinic told you to. In and out."
She spreads her legs slightly and brings her knees closer to her chest, taking fast shallow breaths. The screaming stops, and she seems to be feeling better. Well, not really, but at least she's focused on something other than the pain.
"That's it. Keep doing that, we should be there in a few—" I pass another car. "—minutes."

I speed through the parking lot, up to the emergency entrance by the front. I bring the car to a quick stop, the sudden movement making her start to scream again, and I jump out of my seat and into the freezing cold air that's outside. I whip open the backseat door and she wraps the blanket around her shoulders and I pick her up bridal style, and I run into the hospital with sweat running down my face.
The people in the waiting room look up in terror as I burst through the doors with my pregnant fiancé, who's screaming and clutching onto my neck for dear life.

"HELP! SOMEBODY!" I shout over her screams.
Three nurses come running down the hall towards me.
"Oh gosh— THIS WAY, FOLLOW US!" She shouts, running back in the direction she came.
I run after them, trying my best not to squeeze or bounce the fragile creature in my arms.

They took her on one of those beds, rushing through two big metal doors. Her screams could be heard from miles away, no doubt. I'm running along side the bed, my hand in hers. She's squeezing it tightly. She never takes her eyes off mine as she sobs and screams.
"DAN...! OH GOD DAN...! ITS COMING ITS COMING I CAN FEEL IT!" She screams, squeezing her eyes shut and arching her neck in agony. I can't help but cry. I feel so helpless. I can't do anything to take her pain away. I can do little but hold her hand and whisper to her that it's going to be okay.

Her legs are in the stirrups, and there's a doctor sitting in a swivel stool just between her legs, nurses surrounding the bed. I have a clear view of everything that's happening. I'm stood just behind and to the side of the doctor, who seems to be handling this insanely well.
He rests his hand on her belly.

She's been screaming for hours. Pushing for hours. Crying for hours. Shouting my name. Squeezing the railings on the sides of the bed until her hands were red.

She lets out a piercing shriek and I watch as the blood pours from her body, which is tearing open. I wince and I put a hand on her knee, tracing my fingers in circles. More blood, another blood-curdling scream.
"I can see the head," the doctor says. One nurse rushes out of the room and comes back with a small blanket and some cloths for cleaning.
A few more piercing screams and all goes quiet.
"It's a girl!" The doctor says, a weak smile on his face.
"What's wrong?" I ask. "Who is she so quiet...? Is she okay...?" I lean over to take a closer look at my baby girl.
Her eyes are closed.
She doesn't seem to be breathing.
My eyes well up with tears, and so do (Y/N)s.
"Is she...? No. No. No! NO! SHE CANT BE!" She's sobbing. And so am I.
I drop to my knees beside her and I bury my face in her shoulder and I cry my eyes out.
"(Y/N)... oh, (Y/N)...." I sob.

Just moments later, there's a soft gurgling sound. Me and (Y/N) look up to the doctor, who holds our lifeless child. His eyes widen.
"Nurse, hand me an endo tube. Hurry."
The nurse rushes out of the room and comes back with a small thin jelly like tube and hands it to the doctor. 
He tilts the baby's head back slightly and he inserts the tube and feeds it through its nostril, and pulls it back out.
The child takes a breath.
We all sit there in suspense. Staring. Hoping.
Another breath.
(Y/N) is sobbing harder than before. So am I. I've never cried this hard in my life.
Two more breaths. They're becoming more steady.
Suddenly the baby starts to scream and cry. The doctor smiles at me, taking the blanket from the other nurse and wrapping up the child.
"Your daughter, Mr. Smith." He hands the child to me with a relieved smile.
I take the child in my arms and I give her to (Y/N), who took her and nestled the crying infant in the crook of her arm.
"We will give you three some private time." All the staff exit the room, closing the door behind them.

Me and (Y/N) both look at each other and smile, with tears in our eyes.
I look down at my new child and I begin to sing a lullaby.
"When you... Fall... asleep..."
"—with your head... upon my shoulder," she cuts in, smiling down at the baby, rocking it gently.  
"When you're in my arms," we both sing together.
"Both you've gone"
"Somewhere deeper"

Our little girl stopped crying halfway through the song and is now peacefully asleep.
(Y/N) looks at me.
"Are we still sure on the name?" She whispers.
I nod, smiling.
I run my finger down the baby girls cheek.
"Hope."