21

"Is he awake?" I say, standing from my seat in the waiting room. The nurse has come walking out towards us with a clipboard. She doesn't look very hopeful.
I squeeze Janna's hand.

"(Y/N—(L/N)?"
I nod.
She gestures her hand towards the hallway and begins walking. I follow her.
"Your his fiancé?" She asks.
"Yes, ma'am. He um... got taken on our big day." I whispered that last bit to myself.
She nodded.
"He is awake,"
I gasp happily and I cover my mouth.
"But—" she looks at me seriously.
"He's a bit confused. His brain is slowly recovering from the bloo—"

But I didn't care. I didn't want to listen. I rushed passed her and further down the hall.

We walk down hallways and corridors for what feels like hours. Being only a few minutes.
I reach his room, or at least, what she said was his room.

I step in, and I'm greeted by Dan turning his head to look at me.
I smile softly at him.
"Hey, Dan..." I whisper, sitting in the chair beside his bed, resting my hand on the railing.
He furrows his brows.
"I'm—... I'm sorry. Do I-... know you? From somewhere?" He asks, sitting up slightly, before wincing in pain and laying himself back down.
My stomach drops.
My heart breaks.

He doesn't remember me.

———
(I'm sorry this was a really really short one, but I just wanted to get this part out there so I can finish up a few chapters and release them at the right time.
I feel bad for you. Why would Sophie do that? Of course, you've always known she was a bit off, and she obviously lost it when Dan stood up for you back at the hotel all those years ago.
But why suddenly come back for revenge like that?
And who knows? Maybe this story doesn't have the stereotypical love-story ending.

Anyways!!! I hope you've enjoyed this so far. Sorry mates, it's going to be a few days before I release anything new here. I'll be writing for a few hours EVERY DAY, so you get the idea of how much you'll get.
I'll keep you guys updated, maybe leave you guys some little snippets from the future scenes to come.
I'll see you all soon.
X)