7 - Dan's POV

"Thank you guys, we've been Bastille!"

We finish up our set, and we walk off the stage. Me and Kyle sit at the couch backstage, while Woody and Will walk out to into the city for drinks.
"So." Kyle said, turning to stare at me.
"So, what?" I asked.
"So, are you gonna do it?"
"Do what?"
Kyle rolled his eyes. "Sing for her! She said her favorite song was oblivion, and you like her, so go sing to her!"
What the absolute fuck? —Okay, it's not a bad idea, but she doesn't like me back. And it sounds awkward.
"...You know what? Yeah. As friends though." I stated.
"Sure. Friends." Kyle mocked.

I walk out there, and to my surprise, she's still there. I smile at her and shuffle my feet, my hands in my pockets. I get to the mic and I give a little wave.
She smiles, and gives a wave back.
She's so adorable. I won't let Kyle know that.
"So..." I said into the mic.
Her eyes sparkled. I could see it on her face. She was scared. Excited, yes, but mostly scared. About what, I don't know.
I was scared too. I just met her. It must be a crush or something. Nothing major.
Gathering up my courage, I spoke into the microphone.
"So this is a song I wrote a while back." I took one hand out of my pocket and placed it on the mic, taking it out of its slot and walking to the edge of the stage, sitting with my legs dangling over the edge.
She stood on her toes, her arms against the metal barricade, watching. Waiting.

I looked into her eyes and felt a pull in my chest. I smiled at her and she smiled back.
"When you fall asleep
With your head upon my shoulder
When you're in my arms
But you've gone somewhere deeper,"
She covers her mouth and I can hear her squeal over the sound of my voice over the speakers.
I sing the rest of the song as she sways and sings along with her eyes closed.

I hop off the stage, leaving the mic on the ledge, and I walk over to the barricade where (Y/N) stands.
Just as I went to say something, she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly.
I was shocked at first, but then I leaned in to the hug and embraced her as well, closing my eyes and resting my chin on her head.
She pulls back and before I can react, she leans in and kisses my lips. It was quick, but I felt time stop, and I felt the warmth melt me from the inside.
Time continued and she pulled away, her face reddening. "I'm sorry." She whispered, and started speed walking away. I could hear her swearing at herself.
Before I could think, I found myself vaulting over the barricade and running after her. "(Y/N! Wait!" She stopped and faced me, her eyes full of tears. "Please," I said, stopping in front of her. We were about a foot and a half apart now.
"I'm sorry, Dan." She whispered, covering her arms. "If you don't want to be friends anymore, I understand. I'll go." She goes to turn away, and I gently grab her wrist. She turns back.
"What are you doing?" She says.
"Don't go, (Y/N)." I whispered.
We stood there for a few seconds, just staring at each other. It was so quiet. But I didn't mind.
I pulled her into another hug and I could hear her start to cry again. I rubbed my hand through her hair comfortingly and shushed her softly. I started to sway a little bit so calm her.
"Dan?" She says, looking up at me.
"Yeah?"
"Why are you doing this?" She asked.
"... Doing what?"
"Acting like you care. Why?" She said that last part quietly.
"...B-Because I do. I do care. Given the fact that we just met a few days ago, I feel like I care more than I should. But I don't care. I feel the way I do, and I like it."
"What are you saying?" She says softly.
I tilt my head to the side, and I lean in, our lips touching gently, molding together perfectly, and I put my hands on either side of her head and I pulled back, looking into her eyes, which were still closed.
I smiled at the sight. She was so beautiful.
"(Y/N)...?"
"...Yes, Dan?" She coos, opening her eyes, locking them onto mine.
Without thinking, the words blurt out.
"(Y/N)... I like you. A lot. Like, a lot a lot. And I know you probably don't feel the same way and now it's gonna be really awkward and I just—" I'm cut off by her smashing her lips onto mine again, wrapping her arms around my neck.
"I like you too." She says with a smile.
I grin. "You wanna go eat until we hate ourselves?" I asked, shrugging.
She grins ear to ear.
"I was just about to ask you the same thing."