chapter 4 (Jaebum)

I still feel the guilt in me for leaving Jinyoung there but i can't do anything about that.

Well you see Mr and Mrs Im are nice people they take care of me a lot. It's been the third day since i moved in my new house. It was of course smaller than the orphanage but we share it only for the three of us. It's peaceful yet still, something is missing.

I learnt that Mr Im works as one of the policemen in nearby station. Mrs Im runs a traditional korean restaurant downtown. I usually helped Mrs. Im to serve customers.

"You know Jaebum, you should start calling us Mom and Dad" said Mrs. Im

We were dining together. Her cooking was the best. No one could cook this good. I look up at them and went silent for a while.

"Right.. mom" i said awkwardly but still followed by a genuine smile. I mean they are kind hearted people.

"Dad, why did you want to be a cop? Wasn't that a little bit tiring?"
"Well I love helping people who got their rights taken away from them, especially the one who can't afford help from other parties"
"I .. don't understand"
"Eh? Which one did you not get?"
"I .. I don't understand the sentence..."

Mom then playfully slap Dad's back.

"Haishh, i swear could you use simpler words?"
"Yah!"

I laughed at them. I love my new family. Still, there is this one hole in my heart. It's cold. Dark. Lonely.

"You see Jaebum, you too have to helped people in needs especially the week. Unless they did something wrong too. You will have great judgement on things. I can see that." My dad smiled at me. I nodded at his statement.

Somewhere inside my heart, i want to be like him. A great man loved by people. A great man who saves people. I shall be a policeman too someday!

Today I go to my dad's station. Mom told me to bring him food since he often forgot eating because of works.

I go to the front lobby to ask for him. His collegues told me to wait. So i waited. I went back after that to be a helping hand for my mom.

I am doing good deeds. Yet something is still missing. I try to not think about that feeling anymore. I tried. I will.. try my best. Something is still missing.

Hey guys! sorry for the short update. This chapter is somewhat a transition chapter to the real story so yea. Its a little bit boring i'm sorry ;^; hope you still read my story tho LOL love you guys ❤~