Chapter 2 Part 1

Day 394.

The weekend went by quickly. I spent most of it with Zay. I also got the chance to take some decent pictures of him and when I get the chance I'll frame them and put them by my desk. Now, we were back to reality.

I rolled over and checked my phone. I smile crept up on my face as I opened a message from Zay. I replied and put my phone down, getting the very last few seconds of rest.

My morning routine was simple. I took one last look in the mirror and grabbed my bag.

On my way downstairs I called Zay to come and pick me up

On my way downstairs I called Zay to come and pick me up. He normally does anyway but this was an excuse to hear his voice.

"Hey," I said holding my phone between my head and shoulder noticing my step mom sitting at the coffee table. I gave her a small wave and a smile as she did the same.

"Are you almost here?" I asked as my bagel popped out of the toaster.

"Yeah, I'll be there in 2," I nodded as if he could see and hung up the phone. I sat down and spread the cream cheese on my bagel. I reached for the orange juice on the other side of the table. It was empty. I glared at Chrissa.

"Did you finish the juice, Chrissa?" I asked her in my most dearing tone.

"I think so, Why I can't seem to rememeber," she answered. I rolled my eyes. She got on my nerves. I stuffed the rest of the bagel in my mouth as I heard Zay beep his horn outside.

I slipped on my Air Force 1's and slammed the door. I took a deep breath as I stepped out of the house. My mind was instantly relaxed at the sight of him waiting outside the car.

 My mind was instantly relaxed at the sight of him waiting outside the car

He came around and embraced me with a warm hug. He smiled as he pulled back.

"Morning," he greeted as he opened the door for me.

"Hey," I replied. His Ibiza smelt of his signature cologne.

He drove off as soon as he got settled in.

We managed get the conversation from how my morning was to whether water was wet or not. That was the thing with him. Never a dull moment.

"WATER IS NOT WET. THE STATE OBJECT THAT WAS IN THE WATER IS WET!" I managed to yell in between laughs.

He shook his head as he gripped the wheel.

"No no no, you've got it all wrong. So your telling me the air isn't dry?"

I hesitated before answering.

"Exactly!" He retorted. Our laughs subsided as we approached the school.

"You are absolutley crazy," I told getting out of the car.

"Crazy about you," He said slickly. I rolled my eyes as he slung his arm over my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

I then felt two arms wrap around me. I turned to see Mason.

"What's up love birds," he said bubbly. We laughed and said hey at the same time.

Mason and  I have been friends since we were little

Mason and  I have been friends since we were little. Me and Mason went out in middle school for awhile. But his player ways never seemed to phase him. We eventually overcame the "awkward phase" and have been great friends ever since.

"What's up dude," Zay said giving him that weird handshake that dudes do. They are suprisingly cool with eachother. But they're boys so I can't say I'm suprised

"How's my little poco lenta doing today?" Mason has been calling me that since 3rd grade because I always have had my eyes in a camera lense.

I chuckled and playfully shoved him before replying with a "Fine."

As we approached the school I stopped by the vending machine and got a lemonade.

I struggled to open it at first, causing both the boys to laugh at me. I rolled my eyes and shoved the can of lemonade into Zay's chest for him to open it. He gave it back to me as he kissed me and headed into his first period.

Mason walked me to my class and then went his way. I saw Lena sitting in the back of the class to herself.

"Hey, we missed you this morning, what's up?" I asked.

"My parents got a divorce," she stated blantly. My ears felt like they havent heard that properly.

"What?" I said in astonishment. Tears began to rolled down her cheek.

"Oh my god, Lena," I said pulling up a chair next to her. I pulled her into a tight hug. Sniffles and tears were probably all over my shirt by now. I gave the substitute a look while motioning towards Lena and she gave us the right away to leave the lesson.

I took her to the bathroom and helped her wash her face. I told her everything was going to be just fine.

Her parents were always fighting so I can't say it was big news to hear this. Lena didn't always get along with her parents but that didn't mean she could carless if they separated.

I hugged her once more. I then had the genius idea to skip.

"Wha-what are you doing?" Lena asked following me towards the exit doors in between sniffles.

"Taking you somewhere you'd actually want to be,"