Chapter 9 Part 1

"He doesn't care about me," I told Zayden in all honesty. He placed his hand on my thigh. Zayden looked down at me.

"Ofcourse he does. If he didn't he would have left along time ago," Zay reasoned.

I was talking to Zayden about how my dad never came home. I wanted to know what I did wrong. Ever since my mother died, he has been in and out. Mostly out.  I know everyone has their own coping mechanisms, but leaving your child alone for seven days a week?

"He might as well leave. It feels like he already did," I walked to my desk and sat down.

I held my camera in my hand and peered through the lense.

I felt two arms wrap around my shoulders. My body instantly felt warm.

"Does that make you happy?" Zayden asked me.

"What?" I replied in confusion.

"Your camera. Does it make you happy?" he asked again. His voice was deep and full of sincerity. I nodded before replying.

"Yeah," he was now completley hovered over me. I could hear his heart beating in his chest.

"Do it then. Only worry about that. Don't worry about Michael. I'm sorry to say it but, he may leave, but your camera? That never will. And neither will my love for you."

********

I slammed the door close once I retrieved my keys.

I left my arguing guardians in the house to continue their disputation.

"Iani, are you ok?" Lena asked practically running to catch up with me after I took of outside.

"No! I'm not! I'm tired of everyone asking me that!" I yelled now turning around to her.

"And I haven't been since he died," I admitted calming down.

"Everyone is constantly asking me, "are you ok? Is everything alright?" Well is it ok if I just say "No" sometimes? Because I try to put up this front that I'm ok and everyone and everything around me is ok. But it isn't. As much as I try to get over him, I- I can't" I began to cry and sat on a random porch nearby.

Sometimes I just felt like the world was coming down on me. As if I were going to collapse.

"Iani," Lena said sitting next to me and embracing me in a hug.

"You guys have dated for 3 years. You can't expect to get over him so quickly. It will take time,"

Zayden was the only person I ever loved. And now a person who came along and looks exactly like him might change that. But I honestly could not help how I felt. I felt like a terrible person.

After a long period of sobbing and sniffles on a random porch, Lena brought me to her empty house. I was kind of uncomfortable. I haven't been here since he died. All the memories came flooding back. I tried to push them away by engaging with Lena. It was working so far.

We talked, ate unbeliveable amounts of candy and sweets, danced, and laughed. I was feeling much better. Zayden and I used to have days like this all the time.

Soon enough, my no longer tear-stained face and candy filled self fell asleep.

******

I woke up with a ringing in my ears. My feet dangled off the bed as I held my head in my hands.

I struggled to get off the bed. I opened the door which led to a dark and foggy hallway.

What the hell?

I walked carefully looking down and watching my step. There were doors on both sides. When I made my way to the last room, I peered inside.

I saw a manly figure sitting with his back towards me. I slowly walked towards him. I reached out to tap his shoulder. He turned around before I could even reach him.

"Zayden?" My hands started to shake.

"It's me Iani. I promise," his voice was so soft. A tear came to my eye but I refused to let it fall.

"Why are you here?" I asked trying to keep myself together.

He stepped closer to me.

"I haven't been completley honest with you," he began, sitting back down.

"I never told you about Aaron. And I'm sorry," he glanced up at me. All of his scars that I have seen on his face while he was lying on his hospital bed were gone. He was my Zayden.

"Why not?" I asked in confusion. If he really loved me he would have told me.

Zayden took a deep breath.

"My brother and I...were seperated as toddlers; as I presume you already knew," I nodded my head slowly.

"But as the years went on I grew more curios about him. I eventually found a way to reach out to him. We began to talk when I was 13. My dad...he was a dangerous man."

I looked down at him as he stopped talking and I stared at me before continuing.

"He was a notorious drug dealer. He tried to force Aaron into it. So he reached out and we talked about it. But soon enough, we both got into it,"

I could not believe what I was hearing right now. My ex boyfriend was a drug dealer?

"What?! Zayden how could you keep something like this from me!" I was fuming.

3 years. And he kept a 5 year old secret from me.

"Ask him about it. I have to go now," he started to get up.

"No what do you think your doing? Why wouldn't you tell me sooner?" I was walking towards him now.

"Iani, I love you and I miss you so much. But ask him. Ask him what he was doing at the mall. I have to go." That was like music to my ears. I haven't heard that in forever. He still loved me. My tear finally fell.

I lunged forward to give him a hug. But it was too late. Zayden was gone. Again.

********

I woke up out of breath. My heart was racing and my body was soaked in sweat. I ran to Lena's bathroom and looked in the mirror.

It was just a dream. I took a deep breath. I splashed cold water on my face. I dried my face with a my own personal towel that Lena keeps for me.

I crept back into the spare bed in her room trying not to wake Lena.

I stared up at the ceiling.

"Ask him what he was doing at the mall,"

I had totally forgotten about seeing the look-alike at the mall. Everything has been so hectic since then.

But Zayden? A drug dealer? Was the dream even real? This was all so confusing. I've had dreams of Zayden before but those were normal; repeats of the night at the party. But nothing like this. This was too much.

Aaron didn't even tell me this part. He lied to me too?

What was I supposed to believe? I couldn't even be suprised.

This was my life. Things popping up unexpectedly and just making things harder.

**********
Wellllllllll
That's all folks!!
Comment!!💖 Vote!!💖
Do you think Iani should have more dreams like this about Zayden?