Chapter 5 Part 1

What?!?

"What?" I said aloud in complete and utter confusion. Zayden never had a twin he would have told me.

"Your lying, your a liar!" I screamed. Just then a while bunch of people bursted into the doors of the balcony. They stared in shock.

"What the-" Mason started.

"Aaron," Mrs. Weldon bursted throught the crowd of people. She walked slowly towards him.

"My boy," she said, caressing his cheek. Her eyes were filled with tears. She looked like she hadn't slept in days. I couldn't blame her.

Mrs. Weldon embraced this so called Aaron. He hugged back. His features were too much like Zay's. This was crazy.

Zayden had a twin? How could he not tell me? I had so many questions.

"I would like a chance to explain all of this," Mrs. Weldon said, as if on que.

Lena, Mason, Aaron, Mrs. Weldon and I sat around the dinner table in their house later on. It felt weird. Being in this house when Zay wasn't.

"Ok," Mrs Weldon began.

"I know your all very confused. So let me explain. This is Aaron Weldon. My son, Zayden's identical twin brother. He did not grow up with our family. He grew up with his father after he grabbed Aaron at just 4 months old and left. My husband caused me to swear off all men a long time ago. Thus causing me to never even care for him nor Aaron. I honestly never thought I would have to worry about this day. I didn't want to tell Zay. For fear he would start asking questions. That would lead to something much deeper." She took a deep breath as she glanced around the table to see all of our expressions.

I could not believe me ears. There was a whole other Zay out there. Living his life. And he only came here when he found out his brother was dead.

"So why are you here now?" I asked menacingly.

He glanced around the table before answering. He looked the same way Zay did when he was nervous.

"Well, I think it's obvious, Iani," he answered. The way he said my name...

"Yeah, exactly my point. You couldn't care less about Zay when he was alive. Your only here because he's dead. Did you think you could come here and make friends with everyone? Well we already have a friend group. Zayden was apart of it. You know how I know? I was his girlfriend. Of 3 whole years. So you don't get to waltz in here and pretend you care,when you don't."

I threw my napkin on the table and stormed out of the house.

I was too hurt to even think. How was I supposed to look at someone who is a spitting image of my dead boyfriend and not feel some sort of way? I heard running footsteps behind me.

"Iani,wait!" Zayden? My heart came to a stop as I turned around.

God, they even sounded alike. I thought turning to see Aaron. He was now dressed in more comfortable clothes.

 He was now dressed in more comfortable clothes

They looked so much alike I wanted to cry.

"What?" I asked him.

"I loved Zayden. He was my brother for god's sake. I wanted to come and see him sooner but my dad wouldn't let me. Do you know how hard that is. Knowing you have a DNA copy of you somewhere and you can't even see them? You have know idea what I have been through when I heard he was dead. So I don't think it's fair that you tell me how to feel about my own twin brother's death," He stared at me for what felt like forever.

He was right. His own twin died. And here I was some crazy girlfriend telling him he didn't care.

"I'm sorry," I said looking into his eyes. I was just so hurt. I was taking it out on everyone.

He gave me a hug. I sniffled as his hug reminded me of Zay's. I should befriend this Aaron. He was the only somewhat way I had to even be anywhere close to Zay.

"I can see why my brother liked you," Aaron said pulled back from the hug.

I stared into his eyes. His lips looked as soft as Zay's.

"Yeah," I said, my hands never leaving his waist.

It registered to me what he was doing. I backed away immediatley.

"Sorry, I-uh" I stuttered. It was like Zay all over again.

"Yeah, no,it's fine," Aaron looked at me awkwardly. We began to walk back towards the house.

"I'm really sorry, about Zay, I can't imagine how you must feel," I looked up at him.

"As a girlfriend I mean," I laughed. For the first time in a really, really long time.

"Yeah," I said. We walked in silence.

This was going to be hard. I kinda sorta felt some type of way towards him already. I mean how could I not? They had the same exact face. I looked up at him.

Sure enough, he was looking back at me.

********

Comment!!
Lmk whatchya think!!
Vote!!