Chapter 5 part 2

"Shhh, mija, you'll be fine, I promise, it won't even last that long,"

Mason was comforting me at my house. I cried into his chest on my bed as he ran his fingers through my hair. Zayden and I had just broken up.

"I miss him, Mason," I said in between sniffling. We got into this huge fight the night before. He got mad when I told him about me and Mason's history. He got even angrier at the fact that we were still friends. He was overreacting.

I love Mason. I always will. Just not in that way. I never have loved him in that way. Back in middle school, our relationship didn't even last a month before be cheated on me.

"I know you do, poco lenta, he will come back once be realizes how stupid he's being." I hope what Mason said was true.

I couldn't imagine loosing Zay.

"I'll be right back okay?" Mason lifted my head off of his chest and set it gently on the bed as he went downstairs. I was left staring at the ceiling. I really hoped Zay would stop being so dramatic and just talk to me. It was killing me not being able to talk to him.

"Tada!" Mason squealed as he came back in my room. He held up two massive bowls of ice cream. I smiled as he set them down on my desk.

"Thank you, Mason," I said diving into my bowl. He had a huge smile on his face.

"No problem," he said,then grabbing his bowl

There was a sudden knock at the door. I groaned. Who could that be?

"I'll get it!" Mason yelled in my ear even though I was literally a foot away from him. I rolled my eyes as he left to get the door. Mason was a good guy.

"Iani! Someone is here to see you!" He yelled from downstairs. I reluctantly got up and half way down stairs I saw Zay. My face lit up with a smile.

"I'm sorry, Iani, I was just acting-" I ran into his arms, nearly causing him to fall over. I looked at Mason to see if he was still standing there. He looked at me with a smirk and mouthed, "I told ya so,"

*********

School.

Ugh.

My "mourning leave" was over. Time to face the reality of it all. I struggled to get out of bed.

I sighed. This week was going to be dreadful. I already knew the fake people who didn't even know Zay's last name were going to put on their most saddest faces today. I internally rolled my eyes and got up.

I took a hot shower. The water burning my skin. I got out got dressed and curled my hair. The thought of Aaron came to mind. A smile was plastered on my face. He was the cause of me doing alot of smiling these days. It was...nice.

I made sure my hair looked good in the mirror,took a deep breath and grabbed my things.

"Morning, do you want a ride?" Asked Chrissa, causing me to jump.

"Uh, no I think I'm ok," I checked my phone and made sure I left the house 30 minutes earlier. I wanted to walk today.

I skipped breakfast and headed out the door. I bumped in to a manly figure before I could officially step out of the house.

"Dad?" I stared up at the 6 ft 4 man standing in front of me. He looked like a stranger. His eyes were dark.

"Iani, hi," he seemed suprised to see me. As if I was the one who never came home.

"I was just heading to school, so I'll see you later," I brushed past him and began my walk to school. That was weird. I shook off the thought and focused on the near future.

A car rolled up next to me.

"Hi there," I turned to see a vibrant Aaron. I smiled.

"Hey," I replied. I was kind of getting used to him these last few days before school, we hung out a couple times. He may not act exactly like Zayden, but they certainly had simliarities.

"You wanna a ride?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Hmmm, I don't know," I said smiling. He stopped and got out of the car and leaned against, giving me a look.

"How far is my new school?" He asked. His new what?

"Your kidding right?" I scoffed. Aaron going to the same school as me? That would confuse people even more.

He grinned. "Yeah, I was in honors, I graduated early, so you getting in or not?"

I sigh of relief came over me. I playfully shoved him before getting into his lambo.

Where were these new feelings coming from? I really did not want to do this. It felt like a betrayel to Zay. Which is why I had to shut what ever was happening down.

"Hey, you need to stop. Whatever you trying to do here, isn't going to happen," I say motioning to the space between us.

"What are you talking about?" He asked. I looked at him.

"You! The looks and the stares, you know what I'm talking about," I tell him.

He smirked and licked his lips. He turned his head to me.

"Iani," he said turning to me as he came to a red light.

"Are you flirting with me?" I almost choked on my spit. My face was flushed with embarassement.

I scoffed. "Uh no," I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Ok, Nani, Whatever you need to tell yourself," he said. I smiled at the nick name he gave me.

*********Woahhhhhh

*********
Woahhhhhh

Do you guys totally ship Aaron and "Nani"?

Do you think Mason and his poca lenta should become closer?

Dont forget toooooo

Vote!!💖
Comment!!💖