Chapter 10 Part 1

I woke up and my heart was racing like crazy. I climbed out of bed and headed for the kitchen for a glass of water. But the hallway was filled with smoke.

Again?

I walked down to the end and glance into the room from last time.

"What craziness do you have to tell me this time?" I asked almost smiling, noticing him standing in front of the window.

He turned around to face me. An ear to ear smile stretched across his face.

"Iani," he said breathing out.

"I've missed you," he smiled as if I was the one who died and disappeared from his life forever.

"Believe me. I do too," The previous encounter of him telling me he was a dealer never seemed to cross my mind. I was too into the moment.

"Have you asked him yet?" He announced.

"How do you know he's here?" I retaliate. His arms unfolded and he tilted his head. The white hairs sprouting from his head were directly in the sun's way.

"Iani, I see everything. I watch everything," he answered taking a seat. I sat too on the bed nearby.

"I know-" he stopped himself.

"I know you kissed him," his lowered head was brought up to watch my eyes now. I felt a ball in my throat. I knew it would have hurt him if he found out. Hell, it even hurt me.

"I-" I sniffled. "I'm sorry, Zay. You were just so much alike. I don't-"

"It's okay, I knew you would move on soon. I can't say I'm happy. But I'm comforted knowing that it's him and not a complete stranger." He stood up once again and came towards me. He stared into my eyes. My eyes were looking at him and just about everywhere else in the room. He still managed to make nervous.

"Why didn't you tell me that you had a twin? Or sold drugs? Or...anything else that you've lied about?" I scooted back on the bed not feeling so comfortable anymore.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to involve you. He has done very dangerous things. But if he loves you anywhere near as much as I did, he will change. You just have to talk to him, love,"

This was all too much. I got up amd started to leave. I was hurt. He may love me, but he lied to me.

"Iani, wait please!" He started to come after me.

"I love you!" He yelled causing me to stop and turn around.

"I know," I kept walking and never looked back.

**********

The next day at school was easy. We were edging towards the end of the year. Final exams were coming up and end of the year parties. This year has been a mess. But I've grown stronger.

I was walking home when I passed Aaron's house. All the lights were off and it looked closed off. I don't know if that spoke to me or what because I ended up knocking on his door.

He opened it wearing no shirt with black sweatpants lowly clinging on to his v-line. Jeez.

"Hi," he said leaning against the front door.

"Ask him what he was doing at the mall,"

"I wanted to talk to you," I told him. I had to know if I was crazy or not.

He moved out of the way and motioned for me to come in.

"Where's your mom?" I asked him sitting on the couch.