Chapter 6 Part 2

"Cmonnnnn It'll be funnnn," Lena dragged me across the carnival to ride the ferris wheel. It was friday and after school the community put together alittle carnival to "better the community" from Zay's death. Although I don't understand how rides and cotton candy were supposed to honor him.

It was now 4 and a half months since he has been gone. And 3 weeks since I kissed Aaron.

"Noooo," I was terrified of the ferris wheel. I never rode it and I don't plan on it. I looked down as I stepped on the crinkly leaves underneath my feet.

 I looked down as I stepped on the crinkly leaves underneath my feet

"Ugh fine," Yolo right?

Mason began to clap and cheer as I overcame my fear.

"Yay!" Squealed Lena. I rolled my eyes as we waited in line for the ferris wheel. We started to talk about the most weirdest things. I missed us. We all came a really long way. And so have I.

I have been thinking about the kiss with Aaron. He didn't pull away. He, in fact, pulled me closer.

I didn't even tell Mason or Lena yet. I would probably have to talk to Mason about it first. Lena would just make things complicated.

"Alright Ladies, are you ready!" Mason asked in excitment.

Me and Lena laughed. I was doing alot more of that lately. I was proud of myself for how far I've come. Zay would be too.

We then approached the man at the ferris wheel who we turned in our tickets to.

We all ran on. I, suprisingly, got on first. Lena and Mason pushed and shoved eachother out of the way to sit next to me, considering it was only two to a seat. Mason won.

A grumpy Lena sat down by herself in front of us. I chuckled to myself.

"Are you ready?" He asked me

"Are you ready?" He asked me. My stomach felt weird.

"Uh, yeah, sure," Lie.

Mason rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand. I looked at him.

"Mason?" I said turning to him.

"Yes mi poco lenta?"

"I have to tell you something but you have to promise not to-"

The ride started to move. We got closer and closer to the top.

"Oh my god, oh my god, Mason!" He just laughed at me.

"It honestly isn't even that bad, mija"

Yes it was. I was petrified

****

After the carnival, Mason drove both me an Lena home. He dropped Lena off first.

"So what were you saying before the ride mija?" He asked slowing down at the red light.

I took a deep breath. What would his reaction be? Would he think I was a hoe or something?

"Uh, nothing. I actually forgot." Lie.

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything right?" He said comfortingly. I was starting to regret even saying anything.

"Ok. But you cannot  tell Lena," I made sure to emphasize "cannot".

He nodded, pulling of at the sight of the green light. I took a deep breath while playing with my fingers.

"I-. I kissed Aaron."

Mason stopped the car almost immediatley, holding up traffic.

"Mason! Keep going we're going to crash!" I yelled. He spun off and kept driving.

"You what?" He exclaimed. I knew I shouldn't have said anything.

"Mija, he has only been gone for almost 5 months and you just can't keep your hands of off the next guy that comes around and shows you attention!"

Ok. Now, I was mad.

"Mason, you know for a fact that Zay would have wanted me to move on and not mope around all the time. And it isn't my fault that Aaron decided to show up now!" I started raise my voice.

Mason scoffed as he pulled into my driveway. He put the car in park. It was silent.

"Iani, I just don't want you to get hurt again. Seeing you cry and have panic attacks every other day? That? That was hard. I love you and we don't even really know this guy. He might look like Zayden, but you can't just assume he is," Mason finished.

I slowly understood where Mason was coming from. I didn't really know Aaron. But I wanted to.

"Why don't we all go out tomorrow?" I ask. Mason said he didn't know Aaron. But if we spent some time together, maybe they could become friends. Mason looked at me hestitantly.

"I'll think about it," he answered. I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Since we're sharing..." he started. My ears perked up in curiosity.

"What?" I said eagerly. He tapped his fingers against the wheel. I shoved him and made him tell me.

"I think I like Lena," WHAT?!?

"OH MY GOD MASON!" I yelled punching him in the shoulder.

"HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME SOONER?" I was really happy for him. I thought about Lena and Mason for awhile. But I always thought about him playing her like he did me.

"If you break her heart, I will break your face ok?" I said smirking at him.

He chuckled. "Relax, mija. I just said I think," he said throwing his hands up in surrender. I smiled.

"Alright, well goodnight!" I said grabbing my things and heading out his car.

"Buenas noches, poco lenta. And don't tell her!" I laughed as he rolled the window down to hear me better.

"No promises!" I shouted running into my house as Mason was left shaking his head.

I opened the door to my house. My dad was in the room next to me and I hurried upstairs before he see saw me. My dad and I weren't always the closest.

I went upstairs and changed into more comfortable clothes.

My phone buzzed.

Lena: Had fun today ;) - 7:06

Me: Me too - 7:06

A smile crept it's way up to my lips as I thought of Lena and Mason. They were practically perfect for eachother. They just never seemed to ever notice. I don't know why I was forcing their relationship so much. I guess I was just excited.

Me: So what do you think of Mason? -7:08

Or maybe If they went out, it would be easier to tell them about Aaron.

**********

Oooooo!

What do you guys think about Mason's soon to be new "crush"?💙

Should Iani persue Aaron?

Should Mason ask Lena out?

Lmk!

Comment💖!
Vote💖!