Chapter 14 Part 2

"I'm proud of you Iani. I knew you would get somewhere in life," he smiled at me. His eyes glistened due to the window being opened in the room.

"Thank you. I could not have even started this-any of this without you," I spoke from my heart.

He nodded. "So it's really been a year huh? Feel like I saw you just yesterday," he smirked.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"Yeah, I miss you so much," My tears fell. I sniffled.

"I miss you too," he reached his hand out to my leg. I looked up at him in shock.

"I can feel that! You could touch me?!" I felt a sigh of relief. He was never able to since these dreams have been happening.

"It's a special day," he smiled, bringing his hands to my face.
My cheek felt warm in his touch. I've missed this so much.

"Make sure you tell Russ I said hi when you see him," he teased. I nodded.

"Of course," I laughed.

It silent for a moment.

"Your graduating today. And I couldn't be anymore happier for you. I just wish I could have gone through it with you," his smile started to fade.

"No no, I'm doing this for you, everything I do is for you," I told him. He nodded.

"So this is it?" I ask. "This is the last time I'll see you?" I ask, my heart dropping. His head nodded slowly.

"You'll see me soon enough," he said. I assumed he meant heaven, as I smiled.

"Take care of Aaron for me," he said. I smiled and shook my head.

"Goodbye, Iani," his eyes welled up with tears just as mine. This was really it. This was goodbye.

"Goodbye, Zayden,"

************

I woke up to a ringing alarm clock. I stopped it and checked my phone. The time read 9:02. I sat in bed staring at the ceiling. Today marks a year since Zayden's death. Of course I was sad. But today was going to be great.

After graduation we would have to get going for the airport. Our flight is at 5.

I jumped out of bed. It has been a week since the last day. Graduation was this morning at 12. I was supposed to wake up at 8 to get ready with Lena and Mason.

I hopped in the shower and got ready. Aaron was supposed to be picking Lena and I up to get our hair done at 9:30. I rushed to put on simple clothes and grabbed my dress in a bag and fled downstairs.

"Hello?" I said picking up my phone as it rang.

"Yeah I'm getting Lena right now I'm on my way to pick you up next. Cool?" Aaron spoke into the phone. His voice sounded deep and raspy, causing me to blush like an idoit.

"Uh yeah, text me when your here." I hung up the phone and slowed down my process knowing that he wasn't on his way yet.

I sat down at the table and had a muffin and a cup of orange juice.

"Good morning," I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned to see my dad, once again, in his work clothes.

"Hi," I answered. He sat down across from me fiddling with his fingers.

"Iani, I'm sorry. For everything I've done. Everything I haven't done as a father. For the whole incident with your Chrissa. I just... I just didn't know how to deal with your mother's death and I know thats no excuse," he said all in one breath.