Chapter 7 Part 2

"How could you not tell me something like this!" Zayden yelled at me.

"I didn't want to make it a big deal!" I shouted back. I just recieved a scholarship letter for photography. But the school was all the way in Los Angeles, California. Which was very far from New York.

"But it is a big deal Iani! You got accepted into the best school in LA. And I couldn't be more proud of you," Zay's tone grew softer. He came and sat next to me on the bed.

"I didn't want to make you mad," I pouted.

"Iani, I would never be mad at you, especially about something like this. I couldn't be more happier for you."

He embraced me in a hug.

"I want to go," I told him. Silence fell across the room. Photography was my life. I felt Zay grew stiff.

"But I also want to spend the rest of my life with you," Zayden looked down at me and smiled.

********
Aaron ended up winning the one on one game by 12 points. The boys were now hydrating themselves at the water fountain.

"Aaron is a beast, man, I'm telling you," Mason said smiling pointing towards a sweaty Aaron.

"Nah, you almost had me," Aaron chuckled.

We all walked to the car. Aaron dropped Mason and Lena off to their houses just leaving me and Aaron alone in his car.

"Are we going to talk about it?" Aaron asked out loud. My heart rate started to speed up. But I knew this part of the day was coming.

"I kissed you. And you kissed back. What else is there to say?" I retorted. Aaron sighed.

"I like you, Nani. And it's okay if you don't feel the same or you don't know yet. It is still all very confusing," Aaron slowed down at a red light. I took a deep breath.

"Your right. I don't know how I feel yet. So thank you," We rode silently for the rest of the drive. We soon approached my house.

"Thanks," I told him getting out of the car. Before I could completley get out of the car. "I had fun tonight," he was staring into my eyes. I nodded.

"Yeah, me too," I scurried to my front door, chest still pounding. I opened it up to see my father and step mother arguing terribly. They subsided their loud dialogue as they noticed my appearance.

"Sorry honey," my dad said. I nodded and ran upstairs.

Ugh.

I took a hot shower and climbed in bed. I started to think about what I was going to wear to school tomorrow as I drifted to sleep.

*******
I woke up the next morning feeling different. I wasn't sad anymore.

I got in the shower and got dressed. I texted Aaron to see if he would give me a ride. I honestly didn't feel like driving myself. I went downstairs and poured a glass of orange juice. I tried my best to avoid my dad which was now home more than usual. My phone buzzed as I headed to the door.

Aaron: Yeah, I'll be there in 5. - 8:16.

I turned my phone off and went back to the table to sit down. I scrolled through my instagram feed.

"Iani, I wanted to talk to you about something," an almost unfamilar voice said behind me. I turned to see my father standing in the door way. I was taken back.

"About what?" I asked showing no emotion. 
He brushed away the lint from his wrinkled tux that he obviously slept in. He then walked slowly towards me.