Chapter 6 Part 1

At school, it was hell.

Pictures,roses, and candels all around Zay's locker. I was sitting outside on the bleachers for lunch. I wasn't planning on going back inside. It was all too much.

"Nani, hey," A voice I assumed belonged to Aaron said. I turned to him.

"What are you doing here?" After he dropped me off, he left and went to wherever he went. But why was he back here?

"If anyone sees you they'll-" I started.

"They'll what?" He cut me off.

"People are going to soon find out soon enough. I'm not going to hide from the world just because I'm afraid of what they'll say. He's dead, so they'll have to deal with me." He glared at me menacingly. He looked so hot when he was mad. Stop it. This was the thing with him. He wasn't afraid to say certain things to me.

I smiled.

"What?" He asked sliding on the bleacher next to me.

"Nothing," I responded, putting up my hands in surrender. He grabbed my sandwich mid-air  that was on it's way to my mouth.

"Hey!" I said swatting him upside the head.

He playfully shoved me as he then licked his fingers, finishing off my ham and cheese sandwich. I rolled my eyes.

"You owe me a sandwich," I said taking a sip of my gatorade. He smirked.

"Yeah," he smiled. I sighed as the bell rang.

"Do you wanna get outta here?" He asked, staring down at me.

"And go where," I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Anywhere," Aaron answered. I really did not want to be here. I packed up my stuff and stood up.

"Let's go."

*********

"Stand still!" I laughed. Zayden kept moving as I tried to take pictures of him for a photography project.

We were outside, at a park.

I got a few of him but it was blurry. I threw down my camera in frustration but not so hard that it would brake, I ran towards him to playfully punch him the shoulder.

He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder befor I could have even made a move.

"Ahhh!" I screamed, punching him in the back consecutively.

"Zay! Put me down!" I was laughing so much that I was sure my face was even more red than it was supposed to be due to the pressure of me being upside down.

He threw me on the grass lightly. I kicked him away from me. We continued to play fight until I heard a crack.

We both peered down. I looked slowly for fear that it was my...

"Camera!!! Oh my god, Iani, I am so sorry," I looked at how cute he was when he got all flustered.

"It's fine,"  I said, leaning in for a kiss.

************

"So what kinda stuff are you into," Aaron asked, engaging into conversation. I turned to him as much the seatbelt in the front seat of his car let me.

"Photography," I answered. He nodded his head. I asked him the same question. He cleared his throat.

"Uh, basketball."

Likewise.

"Where we going?" I asked him, changing the topic.

"I don't know," I sighed. We kept driving until we passed the place where Zayden brought me on our first date.

"Stop," He came to hault. I unlocked the door and got out.

It was this really tall building that had a really high balcony.

Eventually after reaching the top, I peered over the balcony.

We have been driving for hours so school was definitley out by now. The sky was a blissfull color purple.

"What is this?" I turned around to see Aaron behind me.

I took a deep breath. "It's where Zayden took me on our first date," I sighed as I turned back around.

I felt two arms wrap around my shoulder. I couldn't even turn around to him.

"This is beautiful," he breathed in my ear.

His breath smelled minty. He turned me around and we were now face to face. He stared at my eyes and then my lips.

"No," I said pushing him and turning away. I can't do this.

"We can't. I can't," Memories of Zay came flooding back to me. I started to hyperventilate.

"Do what exactly? Nani, I'm sorry but, My brother? Your boyfriend? He's dead. And has been for the past 3 and a half months. When exactly do you plan to move on?" I took his words into consideration. Zay wouldn't want this for me. He would want me to move on.

"I'm-I'm sorry, it just feels like-"

"Your betraying him?" Aaron finished. I looked down. He took my hands in his.

"Yeah," tears started to fill up in my eyes.

"I know. I feel like that every time I look at you in a way I know I shouldn't. Your beautiful. I can see why Zayden was so in love with you." I looked up at him. His eyes were sincere as they also filled up with tears. He looked so vulnerable. Almost as much as me.

So I kissed him.

I kissed Aaron Weldon.

***********

Comment!!💖
Vote!!💖