Chapter 2 Part 2

"Where are we goinggggg," Lena cried as I pulled her around the school.

As a friend, I was determined to make her overcome this phase in her life. That meant doing whatever it took to make her happy.

"We are going to McDonald's," I told her. It was cheap and probably empty but it was the closest thing to the school.

"My parents are getting a divorce and your idea of fun is McDonald's?," Lena asked in confusion. I smiled to myself. Lena was absolutley in love with food. She could eat any where,any time, and any place.

"Yup," I answered popping the "p". I reached for my phone to call Mason and Zay to meet us there. They both agreed and were on their way. The boys never really cared that much about school. I did, but my best girl friend needed me.

We sat at McDonalds and ordered almost everything from the dollar menu. We looked up to see Mason and Zayden come through the doors.

"Hey, you two," I greeted hugging both of them. They greeted me back and took a seat on both sides of Lena.

Zayden quickly embraced Lena in a hug. Mason waited his turn patiently on the right side.

After the pity party was over and we were walking to only god knows where, Lena explained that her parents were going to have to meet with lawyers this afternoon. Suddenly I had a great idea.

"Why don't we have a party?" I suggested. All eyebrows raised towards me.

"A party? To celebrate what? The fact that Lena's parent's are seperating and that she has to choose between her mom and dad to live with?" All eyes were now on Mason. He turned to Lena and saw the expression on her face as he mouthed the word "sorry". Mason was always the dumb one of the four of us.

"No, I mean a party to get Lena's mind off of it. It doesn't have to be big, just us and some snacks you know?" They looked as if they were taking it in.

"No," Lena started, I sighed and tried to convince her.

"But Lena--"

"No, I want everyone to be there. Bringing drinks, food, games and just everything."

We were all shocked at Lena's announcement. We all nodded and I gave Zay a look.

"Well, don't worry about anything Lena, we'll take care of everything." I told her, patting her shoulder.

"No, I wanna help, the whole point is to get my mind off of it right?" I nodded as Zay and Mason fell back into their own conversation.

*******

"Ughhh I have nothing to wearrrrrr," I groaned as I rummaged through my dry closet. We decided to get ready at my place so the boys can set up at hers.

"Whose idea was it to have this dumb party anyway," I asked Lena smiling. I felt her roll her eyes from behind me.

"Well I guess we'll never know," she replied, chuckling.

"How about this?" I ask turning to her and holding a white tank top crop top and short blue denim skirt.

"Yeah, no," she answered shaking her head.

"Ughhh," I groaned and fell back on my bed.

"Thanks for doing this, Iani," Lena said running her hands through my hair.

"No problem," I said.

We waited for the boys to come pick us up after the dreadful four hours it took me and Lena to get ready.

Iani: