Chapter Sixteen

Hey everyone! thanks so much for your support, Im glad you like the story :) I have plans for the next few chapters with some interesting stuff happening between Ruby and Luke. Enjoy!

6 likes for the next chapter to be released xx Please comment

I woke up the next morning with Beau sitting on the end of my bed playing on his phone. He looked at me as soon as he heard me wake, then ran out into the kitchen calling out for Gina. A few seconds later, Gina came running in. She sat next to me in bed and cradled me.

"Sweethart are you okay!" she exclaimed stroking my hair.

"I'm ok," I told her "just a bit shocked still"

"Its alright love." God she was the sweetest woman. "I'm cooking brekkie, come out when you're ready."

I nodded and thanked her as she gave me a quick peck on the head. Gina walked out of the room and I got out of bed, I walked into the bathroom so I could get ready before going into Melbourne city for my shoot. I decided to take two panadol so I could concentrate and get rid of this headache! I washed and moisturised my skin, appling only the tiniest amount of makeup. I got dressed, then walked out into the kitchen to eat. Gina put a huge plate of pancakes at the table. I sat down, joining Beau and Jai- no sign of Luke. We ate and talked, hardly about last night- that was good- i wanted to forget about it as soon as possible. Gina finished off cooking the last pancake and came to sit down.

"LUKE!" she shouted from across the house. "BREAKFAST!"

My confrontation with Luke could wait until I got home from work. I put my dish in the sink and went to my room to get my bag. As I walked to my room, Luke was coming in my direction. He slowed down as he passed me, looking at me with those hazel eyes that could easily melt my heart. He looked upset. Like he wanted to talk to me, but didnt know how. It hurt me to see him like this, but after everything that has happened in the last day- I was still pissed off at him- and did not have time to sit and listen to his exuses. I walked into my room, trying to ignore Luke, and grabbed my bag. I slung it over my shoulder as I walked out into the kitchen. The boys and Gina were sitting at the table. Gina got up and kissed me goodbye while the boys waved. Luke bit his lip and looked at Jai, grabbing his phone.

It was cold outside. I quickly walked to my car and started it, trying to warm it up as soon as possible. My phone beeped. It was a text message from Jai. 'Please just unblock my number. I have to talk to you.' so it was Luke? I decided to keep my mouth shut and concentrate on work. Yeah, good luck with that one Ruby.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Me and Kaity sat on the couch in the photoshoot area with our coffee. Drinking and talking in between shots. "So I heard what happened last night." she said with a worried expression on her face. How did this get around so quickly?! She must have read my mind. "Sorry babe, Beau told me. Are you ok?"

"Yeh I'm alright. Just shocked, and exhausted." I told her. Kaitlyn looked at me, wanting to know more.

"And....?"

"And what?"

"Is everything okay at home?" she asked. She obviously knew more.

"What has Beau told you?" I asked.

"That you and Luke are fighting and you blocked him on your phone and he's depressed and now you won't talk to him" she blurted out so quickly that I almost couldnt understand her.

"He's got it just about perfectly right." I said.

"But wwwhhhhhhyyyyyy? You are perfect for one another!" Kaity whined grabbing my arm.