{22} The New Kid

August 8th, 2013

P.o.V Scott

I sat in class with Stiles when suddenly the door opened and the principal entered with a boy.
"Class, this is our new student, Theo Raeken. Please do your best to make him feel welcome."
Theo Raeken?! He was in my class until he moved away in fifth grade. Stiles never liked him but Theo used to get along with me and Alli. He sat down in front of me and turned around.
"Hi, Scott."
"Hello, Theo."
"What are you doing here?"
"We moved back to Beacon Hills."
"Are you happy about it?"
"Right now? Very. Who is that beauty over there?"
"Oh, if I were you, I'd keep my hands to myself."
I was fully aware that Malia could hear me right now. She smirked..
"Why, is she your girlfriend?"
"No. She's Stiles'. Remember what happened in Kindergarten?"
"Vividly. Yeah."
He laughed slightly. What made Stiles hate him so much? Theo was one of the nicest people I'd ever met.
At lunch Stiles and I sat together with Lydia and Malia. Alli's usual seat next to me wasn't taken since she was gone and no one dared to sit down on it. It was a very nice gesture but it made me feel even lonelier.
"What the hell is he doing here?"
Stiles looked over to Theo.
"His family moved back here. What's your problem, Stiles?"
"I just don't like him."
"Still the old story? That was in kindergarten!"
"That was traumatic for me, okay?!"
"He just wanted to play with your new toy!"
"He stole it!"
"No, Stiles, he didn't. I was there, too. And I saw it. I saw how he gave it back to you. He just didn't know that it was your's and after I told him, he gave it back. So leave the past in the past."
"He's a thief."
"Stiles, he isn't!!"
"Wow, Scott, you're in a very good mood today."
"Could you not be sarcastic once?!"
"Me? Sarcastic? Never."
"Stop. It."
"Okay okay."
"Hey, what's wrong with you?"
Lydia touched my hand carefully. Confronting our father about his past mistakes brought us even closer than we were before that.
"I...it's been already three weeks since I visited Alli and now I have to wait until I can see her again. I miss her. Sorry, Stiles."
At least that was half the truth. It was also full moon tonight but Lydia didn't know I was a werewolf.
"Dude, it's alright. You're tense. Is...Is he freaking serious?!"
"Stiles? Are you okay?" Malia looked very worried at her boyfriend.
"Don't. Turn. Around."
"Dude, what is it?"
"Theo's staring at Malia. I hate this guy."
"Really?" Malia turned around and smiled at Theo.
"I told you NOT to turn around, Lia!"
"Sorry. I was just curious."
"Stalia-trouble?", Lydia asked and I could hear amusement, worry and hope in her voice.
"What the hell is a Stalia?" I looked confused at my sister.
"Stiles and Malia. That makes Stalia. You and Allison are Scallison."
"You made up names for us?"
Lydia nodded.
I remembered something Alli once said. It was something about couples and a boat, I thought.
"Well, I put them in a boat.", I said pointing at Stiles and Malia who just started to make out. He always did that, when other guys were looking at her.
"What?"
"Isn't that what it's called? When you think that two people are good together? They're on a boat."
"Oh! You mean you ship them."
"I knew it had something to do with boats. Yeah, I ship Stalia. Stydia wouldn't be bad though."
"Did you just...?"
I laughed at Lydia's expression. It was something between proud, surprise and horror. It was the first time I laughed since I visited Alli.