{24} Crush

August 25th, 2013

P.o.V Scott

"Are you falling for my sister, buddy?" I asked Stiles when we drove home from school.
"I don't know. She's nice, she's cute, she's incredibly smart, she's beautiful. I have no idea."
"Well that sounds a lot like being in love."
"What about Malia?"
Well, buddy, that's your question to answer... She is your girlfriend after all.
"Do you love her?"
"Yes. I think so."
"You think so!? Stiles, you should be sure about that!"
"I know...I'm just so confused..."
"Why?"
"Lydia is always on my mind like Malia used to be. I still love her but there are definitely some feelings for Lydia."
"You said, you don't know."
"I lied. Sorry. I just don't want to hurt Malia. We are dating for almost four years. I don't want to destroy that but I've never been with anyone else and I really like Lydia."
I knew he had lied. I was listening to his heartbeat since I asked my question.
"Maybe you should talk to Malia. She doesn't look happy and she spends a lot time with Theo."
"Really?"
"You didn't notice that she always talks to him at school?"
"No."
Oh Stiles...
"She told me why she spends so much time with him."
"And why does my girlfriend spend time with this jerk who can't see the difference between what is his and what is mine?"
Mine. He definitely still loved Malia and what I had just said made him jealous. I smelled it on him.
"Because you're leaving her behind! You spend every free minute with Lydia!"
They promised to never leave each other behind or leave without each other. Malia had always kept her promise but Stiles did in the last few weeks. What did he do? Whatever the consequences of his actions would be, he would regret this so much.
"Yeah, because Lydia's lonely and you are always tense!"
"You would be tense, too, if Malia was pregnant in the 9th month and you couldn't see her."
Always that topic. Sure, I was tense but Alli should have been due today. Except for her Dad, her of course and me no one knew that. I was so close to becoming a father and I was waiting for Chris to call desperately.
"I'm sorry. I know that you are going through much right now. I left the people I love the most alone because of a silly crush..."
Finally you admit it.
"So you admit it. You have a crush on Lydia."
"Yes."
"Talk to Malia. She cried yesterday and left the room at lunch."
"Really?"
I rolled my eyes. Was he freaking serious?
"You didn't even notice?"
"No. I didn't."
"Oh god. You really need to talk to her." 
"Thank you, buddy."
"I'm always there for you."
I got out of his car and waved a short goodbye before I went inside the house.
My best friends who loved each other for such a long time seemed to drift apart and it broke my heart. I knew that Stiles loved Malia and vice versa but maybe they needed to take a break or something.