My Best Friend's Crush (Gray)

I'm looking back and realized that I missed one request from a reader for a Part Three for Gray's two-shot, but I never did it...

I'M SORRY.

So because the guilt is slowly gnawing at me, I will write a new one-shot for the beloved stripper that fangirls fangirl over.

Please enjoy, my loves~!

WARNING: Sadness included in this one-shot, but happy ending, worry not!

(F/n) = friend name

Ie = no

Honto = really

Demo = but

You were the type of girl who never really fit into any of the "groups" at your school.  You and (F/n) kinda just hung out completely detached from the "popularity status" of the school.  Of course, you didn't really mind.  In fact, you wouldn't have it any other way.

(F/n) had been there for you whenever you were in need.  Whether it was a small issue, like borrowing a pencil (it's not your fault they keep magically running away from you!), or a serious issue, like confessing and rambling your inner feelings to her, you found yourself always able to rely and confide in her.  And, of course, your friendship was vice versa.

But just because your little duo was detached from the rest of the school, didn't mean the rest of the school didn't exist to you.  After all, they were still there, just not as much interactions.

You'd seen a pink-haired male running around the school like a total psychopath and nearly setting one of your most hated teachers on fire.  Somehow.

You'd also seen this weird, tall guy with black hair and piercings cursing with his dirty mouth and glaring at everyone with his bright red eyes.  You swear you'd saw him chew on a nickel so hard that it got bent like a miniature burrito.

Oh, yeah, and there were these triplets that looked exactly the same, and nobody could tell them apart.

These were some examples that made you happy you didn't know them.

But the one that stuck out to you the most, for some reason, was this navy-haired guy that always hung out with them.  You didn't know when it started, but you'd been taking notice of him quietly along the sidelines.

He was always picking a fight with that pink-haired pyro, being obsessed over by psychotic fangirls, or quivering under the hand of Erza's merciless glare.  You and him had only spoken a few times, all of which were not of any importance.  However, despite all of this, you'd also seen glimpses of him by himself.  When he was alone, he seemed like a totally different person.

Not as hyperactive.  Not as hotheaded.  Not as arrogant.  Not as carefree.

He was a part of the popular group, but he wasn't.

He was Natsu's reckless best friend, but he wasn't.

He was happy and easygoing, but he wasn't.

He was simply, himself.

Gray Fullbuster.

The first boy who had ever caught your eye and perked your interest.

Time skip brought to--Gray-kun, your clothes.

Gray: SHIMATTA

One day in particular, you received a letter in your locker once you opened it.  Curiously, with a raised eyebrow, you picked the folded paper up and saw that it said, "Please read."