Tutoring the Idiot - Part Two (Natsu)

Here's Part Two <3

Just ignore me, pretend I'm invisible, you thought, cringing.

"Hey, you."

Quickly, you feigned ignorance and continued to speed walk down the hall, desperately trying to escape.

"Excuse me? I'm talking to you!"

"Don't think you could just leave!"

You heard their footsteps gradually growing louder and sighed, stopping in your steps. If you tried to outrun them, they would surely give you more trouble in the future.

You turned around and smiled reluctantly. "Were you talking to me?"

"I'll be direct," one of the girls proclaimed, squinting at you. "What's your relationship with Natsu Dragneel?"

"I honestly don't see how that's any of your business," you retorted, taking another sip of your drink.

"Watch your attitude!" another snapped, scowling. "You're just another freak trying to get close to him!"

You cocked an eyebrow. "Are you sure you're not the ones trying to get close to him, instead?" you reasoned.

Immediately, you regretted your words as you mentally cursed.

"What did you say?" a girl growled, stepping forward as she glowered at you. "You're acting so arrogant—you even forced Gray to stoop down to your level and speak up for you!"

You blinked in surprise as you thought back to that day back in the library. He did say he would do something about the girls, you recalled, suppressing a smile. Did he actually speak up for me?

You quickly snapped back to reality when one of the girls got all up in your face, hovering over you. "Listen here," she snarled. "You think you're some sort of big shot because you see Natsu all the time, but do you really think someone like him would even glance at someone like you if he had the choice?"

"Yo, it's not like I forced him to look at my face, either," you spat back. "He's the one who asked me to tutor him."

"You'll never be anything to him," the girl declared, smirking confidently. "You're merely a nuisance in his life."

You stared at her and deadpanned, "A nuisance that helps him raise his grades?"

She flared her nostrils, clearly irritated by your words as she reached forward and grabbed the front of your shirt, pulling you closer. You flinched and gasped silently as your eyes widened, staring at her in shock.

Well, crap, you thought, mildly panicking, I didn't think she'd go physical...

"You only have one choice," the girl threatened, her voice as sharp as a needle. "Stay away from him, if you don't want trouble."

Your thoughts were all over the place at the moment. God, is there nobody else in this hallway except for us?!

You tried your best to hold your ground, though you were quivering internally. "And..." you muttered, "what if I don't?"

The girl released you, shoving you back as you stumbled. She reached forward and yanked the drink out of your hand before thrusting it in your face.

You gasped as the rest of the girls behind her giggled. "More of this will happen if you don't," the girl answered, sniggering as she dropped the empty cup on the ground. "Honestly, if you'd listened, it wouldn't have turned out that way."