Worried For You (Sting + Rogue)

Thank you all so much for 18.1K!  I appreciate it a lot, you have no idea.

There are so many things going on right now that it's difficult to keep track, but don't think that I've forgotten about you, readers.  I'm going through a bunch of stuff right now, and yes, this sounds like something every author says, but we're all human and things happen.

Without further ado, let's get on with it!

Hai = yes

You were finally back from your mission--you'd taken the job four days ago and had returned on a train.  Because it was a solo mission, you didn't have to deal with your two dragon slayer friends, Sting and Rogue, gagging and complaining the entire ride.

You stood in front of a building that had the word "Sabertooth" on it.  You stood triumphantly, grinning from ear to ear, with your hands on your hips, like you were some kind of hero that had just defeated those who threatened justice.

You kicked open the doors of your beloved guild and declared loudly, "WHAT'S UP FOOLS?!  Miss me?!"

Everyone turned towards you before greeting you, although a bit less enthusiastic than you'd preferred.

"What?" you muttered, pouting.  "Are you this disappointed to see me?"

"Of course not," a smooth voice responded.

Recognizing it as that of one of your best friends' voice, you smiled and turned around, waving.  "Hello, Rogue!" you proclaimed, patting his head.  "I've returned!"

"So I see," he answered, smiling softly.  "I've missed you, (Y/n)."

You turned to the other guild members and called, "HA!  See?  At least somebody in this guild missed me..."

Huffing, you turned back around curtly and questioned, "How have you been lately?  Have you gone on a job with Sting, Lector, and Frosch?"

Rogue rubbed the back of his neck.  "Actually, yes."

"Speaking of Sting, where is he?" you inquired, looking around the building.  "Usually he's annoying everyone with his bright presence.  He's more annoying than me...and that's saying something."

"Yes, that's what I was going to talk to you about," the black-haired male told you, taking your hand and tugging it.  "I need to show you something, (Y/n)."

You arched an eyebrow, a light pink hue dusting your cheeks.  Usually, Rogue isn't this direct nor this demanding.  I know that taking someone's hand and tugging it isn't considered "demanding," but for Rogue, it's incredibly demanding.  He never does anything like that.

You followed him as you stared at the back of his head, wondering what he was thinking.

Where are we going?

Time skip!

"Why are we in the infirmary?" you asked suspiciously.

Rogue said nothing and, instead, opened the door and gestured inside.

You stepped inside and looked around.  Before long, your eyes landed on your blond-haired friend, who was lying in bed with bandages wrapped around his head, as well as more around his arms and torso.

Sitting beside Sting were Lector and Frosch, who both stared at Sting sadly.

You gasped before rushing toward him, leaning down and taking his hand.  "STING!" you shrieked, scanning over all his injuries.  "What happened?!"