Savior (Sting)

WE'VE HIT 3K VIEWS, CELEBRATE!! *plays upbeat music while dancing weirdly*

Also, this one does NOT take place in the Fairy Tail universe, just a heads up!

Warning: Slightly sad, bullying mentioned

(h/c) = hair color

Ano = um

Otou-san = dad

Demo = but

Urusai = be quiet

Baka = idiot

Chotto = wait

-san = Mr/Ms./Mrs.

"Pathetic freak!"

"Ew, creepy...!"

"Stupid!"

"Argh, stay away from me!"

"What the heck is she even doing here?!"

"Filthy!"

"Don't contaminate me!"

That was what people often called you when you were younger.  Shunned since birth, orphaned at age three, and a runaway since age five.

You're a neko.  One of those beings that are half human, half cat.  Two (h/c) ears poked from your soft hair, and a matching tail swished behind you.  You're mostly human, but you have a few cat-like tendencies, such as being attracted to milk and often relentlessly chasing red beams.

You used to live in the orphanage after your parents disowned you, but that place was no different from your home.  You were the only neko in the orphanage, so the children there, like your parents, enjoyed bullying and tormenting you.  Most of the time, it was verbal, but words had emotional and mental impacts on you.  Others would frequently steal or forcefully take your belongings.  A couple times, there would be people yanking your tail or your ears for fun.

After two years, when you were five, you secretly escaped that miserable place.  That was when you met him.

Sting Eucliffe.

The light that pulled you from your darkness.

You remember when you first met him when you'd escaped.

The rain is heavier than it has ever been.  You're completely drenched from head to toe, and there's barely anyone on the streets.  They're all probably taking shelter from the weather.

You're lost, and you know it.  You whimper as you cautiously proceed down the streets; perhaps this is a bad idea after all.  Maybe you should have never left...

You flinch as the wind howls and an owl hoots somewhere, frightening you further.  The rain patters against the stone ground as you quicken you pace, not wanting to be kidnapped.

You accidentally bump into someone, causing fear to rise inside of you and for your breath to hitch.  Your heart rate picking up immediately, you look up to see whom you had bumped into, hoping that they won't hurt you.

You see the face of a blond boy, who can't be more than two years older than you, and in his hand is a light blue umbrella, matching his eyes.  You're relieved that he isn't an adult, for most adults seemed to not like nekos, but at the same time, you instinctively back away, not wanting him to bully you like the others.

"I-I-I'm so s-sorry!" you apologize, cursing mentally at your stuttering.  "I wasn't l-looking, I-I'm--!"

"Huh?" the boy asks nonchalantly, a hand in his pocket as he holds the umbrella over the both of you.  "Oh, that's okay.  Don't worry about it...but hey, you look pretty lost.  Where are you headed, girl?"