Royal AU (Part 3)

Jeremys Pov

After the official proposal hectic took over the castle. Everything has to be well planned. The food, the decoration, clothes, bouquet, and so much more.

Every few minutes there was a new decision to make. Roses or tulips.
Crabs or lobster. Cyan or turquoise...
...like... isn't that the same???
Whatever!

To be honest, it was hell, until...
Brooke moved in. I was so relieved, she brought fun into the castle. Although we had even more to do than before, the tension disappeared and life seemed at least a bit more relaxed.

I also had to move out of my old room and to a new one. A bigger one I shared with Brooke. Luckily it isn't awkward at all. The first nights we really slept in on bed, and played games as if we were normal friends, normal teenager who had normal sleepovers. But we weren't and as soon as Chloe moved to the castle as well, I moved to her maids room which was linked to our room and Chloe and Brooke shared the big one.
In the mornings we had to change before any one discovers the truth.

Chloe was a really loud person, she liked to talk loud even when she was a bit dumb and seemed a bit superficial. But the way she looked at Brooke showed how caring and full of kindness she really was. I wondered how nobody ever noticed it, you must be blind to not notice how deeply they're in love.

Right now I have a small break from all the annoying people and my responsibilities. Just a short moment for me and my thoughts. Mindlessly I play with my engagement ring, it is way to big for my finger. My father is taller than me, of course his ring is to big, moms one was my size, but Brookes finger were even smaller than mine, so she got moms one.

Before I can continue to fret about it, someone brings me back to reality.
"Prince, you have to be at the fitting in five minutes!" I look up and turn around looking at Michael in disbelief.

Since the ball night we didn't talk at all. He wakes me up, he helps me, he gets me everything I need before I know that I need it, but we hold our distance. It is heart breaking, on the other hand I just want to be close to him. I want to take his hand or even cuddle him. I want to let him know that he is the most amazing person in this whole fucked up world and that he means the world to me.
But I can't.

I am not Brooke, the love of my life doesn't love me, but maybe it's for the better. It would make everything even more complicated.
But I thought about telling him about our plan. Despite of my feelings, he is still my best friend.
At least I thought he was.

Why did he called me 'prince'?
We known each other for years!

"Is everything alright, Michael?"
I look at him as kind as possible, i want him to be happy.

But he just nods shortly and a bit too harsh. "I'm fine!", he almost spats at me. I roll my eyes, i mean, what are we? Five!?

"You're lying!" I counter giving him a look of reproach. But he just laughs dry: "Of course! You really think I am okay with this whole bullshit?"
I knew that Michael isn't dumb and he knew me better than anyone else, it was foreseeable that he would see through my lies sooner or later.
But I can't tell the truth, so I just play along.

"What are you talking about?" I give him my best trained confused look.

"O please, don't play games!
You changed from 'I don't want to marry someone I don't fucking know' to 'This girl is the love of my life, let's marry' in three freaking hours!"