Chapter 12: How Could You?

"I'm not your father. I am Luka!" The Evil Luka thrust his metal rod down in rage toward Adrien but the model put his crook up in time to counter it.

"That's not true!" Adrien used all his strength to push his crook against the rod.

Marinette knew he needed help and she used all her courage to push through the shock that she was feeling and put on the anklet miraculous that Adrien had given her. A monkey Kwamii flew into the air, "Hello I am Muusa!" she said sweetly.

"Hi...M-Muusa tail out?" Marinette said not entirely sure of herself. Before she knew it she had transformed into the monkey miraculous holder and was ready to fight.

She ran toward the evil Luka from behind and tried to tackle him but she was not strong enough and Evil Luka turned to face her. When Evil Luka's back was turned Adrien jump-kicked him and he fell to the ground.

_____________________________

"Hurry, master!"

"I am doing my best Wayzz. I promise."

"I am sorry master, I am just worried."

"As am I. But worrying will not help Tikki heal faster my dear friend." Master Fu told his turtle kwamii.

"Just tell me what I can do to help, Master."

_____________________________

"Use your power, Marinette!" Adrien said breathlessly.

"I-I don't know what it is?? And what's going on this is your father?" Marinette just didn't feel as confident as she did when she was Ladybug.

Evil Luka started to wake up and Adrien did a backflip out of the way. "Marinette your power is strength." he said after he landed.

"W-what is your power?" Marinette asked Adrien.

"My power is--" Adrien was cut off by Evil Luka who was now standing up.

"Cataclysm." Evil Luka said as he changed into a version of Chat Noir with glowing purple eyes.

"No!" Marinette said and started running away.

"Look out!" Adrien said as The Evil Chat Noir touched Marinette's monkey tail.

Marinette fell to the ground and she slowly started to disintegrate.

"MARINETTE!" Adrien yelled out in rage. He started crying and in his anger, he charged The Evil Chat Noir but before he could strike him, he transformed into Ladybug.

"Ladybug...I can't fight you," Adrien said, his voice barely audible. But then Adrien saw the glowing purple eyes of Ladybug shook himself out of it and struck her hard with his crook.

She fell to the ground and Adrien grabbed her yo-yo and put it around his waist.

Ladybug transformed causing the yo-yo to disappear along with her. The new disguise was Hawkmoth who had de-akumitized himself.

Adrien had a sudden urge of anger at seeing his father's disguise.

"I KNEW it was you!" the teenage boy yelled at Hawkmoth just before he struck him hard in the chest with his crook. "How could you do this to your own son?" Adrien said through tears as he fought his father.

Hawkmoth dodged one of Adrien's angry blows. "You wouldn't understand, Adrien," Hawkmoth said coldly.

"I understand," Adrien said as he tried to strike his father. "I understand that ever since Mom left you haven't been the same." Adrien charged toward his father and through tears, he knocked the Moth miraculous off of Gabriel's necktie using his crook.

Hawkmoth fell to the ground and transformed into Gabriel. He was thoroughly exhausted and with no more willpower, he lay on the ground and slipped into a cold sleep.

NooRoo, the Moth Kwamii, flew into the air and bowed to Adrien before going back into the Moth Miraculous.

Adrien bowed to NooRoo and then looked down shamefully at his father. "How could you? He whispered before picking up the moth miraculous and clutching it in his hand.

"Adrien..." a girl's voice whispered in pain.