Chapter Thirty-One

Luke's POV

I woke up next to her beautiful face. Even when she was sleeping she took my breath away. A small shift in the way I was sitting resulted in her breath hitching in her throat, and I held mine hoping I hadn't woken her.

It was 3:46 AM on a peaceful Sunday in June. We were in Italy for our tour, and I insisted on bringing Rylie with me. Italy is gorgeous, and I practically dragged her along with me onto the plane.

I grabbed a strand of her hair and softly tucked it behind her ear. Kissing her forehead ever so slightly, I got up from the bed and wandered around the hotel room. I didn't want to miss 5 AM, and I was afraid of doing so if I drifted back to sleep.

I had promised her I would wake her at 5 AM to watch the city lights of Milan fade away as the sun rose. It was an ambition of hers, to watch the sun rise, and I had picked up on that.

When 4:40 AM rolled around, I was too excited to wait the remaining twenty minutes. I slid into the bed next to her and rubbed her arm, "Rylie," I started in a whisper. I kissed her soft lips delicately and grabbed her hand, "Baby."

She started to stir as my words got progressively louder and my touch got smoother. Her pretty eyes opened as I couldn't help but smile like a dork, "It's time," I said in a whisper. She grinned back at me and stood up.

Wearing just my "YOU COMPLETE MEss" muscle tee, she looked gorgeous. It swallowed her, reaching her knees. I giggled to myself at how tiny she actually was. Making my way to her side of the bed, I snaked my arms around her waist and pulled her in for a hug. I rested my chin on her head and squeezed her. She wrapped her small arms around my torso and hugged me back.

I pulled away from her and kissed her forehead before grabbing her hand and leading her out to the balcony that saw out above the city. There was a single chair and I sat in it, pulling her to me. She curled up on my lap, laying her head on my shoulder. I started playing with her hair as we sat in silence watching the sun slowly creep up in the distance.

By six, it had risen. But we didn't get up, we didn't go back inside the hotel room. We just stayed there. Her hand in mine, staring at the people below in the streets, listening to the Italians interact.

I had realized that she was the love of my life. I was in love with Rylie. Nothing could change that, no matter what happened from that day forward, I knew that my feelings would only grow stronger for her. I could see myself spending the rest of my life with her. I had just hoped she felt the same.

She's perfect.