19- Rise and Shine

It was nice to be back a Connors house. Living with Connor felt easy, like she could never leave again.. Knowing Connor wasn't upset at her made Sarah feel less stress and more comfortable. It helped Connor knowing that she was home and safe instead doing the unknown millions of miles away.

Today was the day Sarah was going back to work. She was happy to go back. Working at Chicago Med was like home. Everyone there was like family. Although, it was going to feel weird to treat patient with an actual roof over her head. She had gotten used to treating the patients outside or in a tent type area. 

Sarah and Connor both woke up when the alarm went off, neither wanted to get up out of the warm bed. Sarah rolled over and groaned a bit. He got up out of the bed and started to walk towards the bathroom, "Rise and shine, Reese..." His groggy cute morning voice made Sarah smile.

----------------------------------------------------

The hospital stayed quiet most of the day, which for most people was not good. They were all getting bored and cranky. The ED hadn't seen many patients but there was a few direct admits to the OR floor. A couple cardiac patients here and trauma patients there, but known of them took up enough time to make a difference in the situation. That's what Connor had been doing all day in the ED. He wanted to see Sarah but was stuck in a surgery. Sarah was pretty proud of him.

Finally, a patient came in through the ED doors. The paramedic took her to the room and moved her over to the hospital bed before heading back out to work. Sarah walked over to the treatment room and started an IV after she assessed the patient to find out they were having a stroke.

To get out of the patients hair, she started the to paper work and occasionally looked back at her patient to make sure she was okay. Sarah walked back in the room after the x-ray people had left and started to talk to the patient. She stayed with the patient and talked to her about pretty much everything. Sarah left when doctors came to take Sarah's patient upstairs.

Sarah finished the paper work and walked to the cafeteria for food. While she was there, she ran into Dr. Charles. She sat down at his table and started eating. Daniel looked up at her, "So I hear you took a little trip."

Sarah laughed a little before gabbing her fork, "Just a little trip. But I'm back now.." Sarah took a bit of salad looking back at Charles. "So, is everything okay??" He asked before going back to the bag of chips. "I think so.. what do you mean?"

"I mean like is everything okay with You and Connor?" he asked. Sarah nodded, "Yeah.. we're great..." She smiled, "I think were the best we've ever been." Daniel rolled his eyes before standing up, "I think I'm going to be sick.." Sarah laughed at him as he smirked and waved good bye, then walking away without another word.