The Call

Jack is at home in bed with the covers over his head when his phone begins to ring. Irritated he picks up the phone not recognizing the number.

"Who the fuck is this?" he growls through the phone.

"Jack, it's good to talk to you. Haven't talked to you in a long time friend," Sam says.

Jack recognizes that voice and his temper just went to one hundred on the scale.

"Fuck you want Giancana? I should murder you for killing Paul last month," Jack replies.

"Is that how you talk to an old friend Jack? We have history, we started out together. Now that you're a big-time millionaire I guess you forgot who helped you. Besides Kennedy you know why I killed your minion," Sam replies with a chuckle.

"Don't worry Giancana I'll be getting my revenge soon," he replies sitting up in his bed, seeing red.

"I'm not worried Kennedy, I'm sure you'll change your tune especially after I tell you why I'm calling."

"Jack," he hears Jackie scream in the background and his heart drops.

"What have you done to her?" Jack growls again.

"Nothing yet. You need to do a better job of protecting those closest to you. She is, however, about to meet the same fate as your other minions that have gone on."

Jack feels his heart drop. The one thing that he said he would never want to happen is about to happen.

"Don't hurt her Sam, she has nothing to do with us."

"She's a very beautiful girl Jack, I hate the fact that I'm gonna have to kill her. Although I am feeling generous, I'll spare her life if you meet my one demand."

"What is it?" Jack asks.

"I need a million dollars cash in twenty-four hours or you already know what's gonna happen.

Jack is enraged and the thought of slicing Sam Giancana's neck would be the ultimate justice.

"Fine! Just don't hurt her Sam, and if you do I swear to God I will murder you with my bare hands," Jack yells through the phone.

"I won't hurt her yet. Just remember the longer you take the greater chance of your girlfriend meeting her maker," Sam says before hanging up.

Jack is so angry and scared he doesn't know what to do. He knows that Sam could easily murder Jackie before he is able to get to her. It's after four pm so his bank is closed and he hopes that he's able to withdraw that much cash on such short notice.

What's worse is Jackie is tied up in the middle of all this, and if he doesn't act fast her blood will be on his hands. Knowing Sam is true to his word if it meant killing Jackie to bring him down Sam will do it. The pure thought of losing Jackie forever frightened Jack more than anything.  He will never be able to live with himself if he is the reason she died.

-----

Jackie is sitting in the room feeling exhausted and just wants to lay down. Still, she is tied to the chair and her wrists are killing her. It wouldn't hurt if they could feed her and give her something to drink.

She can't believe that Jack now has her life on the line because he is being an ass. Jackie never questioned Jack's business affairs or him being a mafia boss, she felt that he wouldn't discuss it with her.

She already heard in the mafia world, Jack is already a feared man and is heartless when it comes to taking out his competition. Which shocked her because when he was with her he was completely different. Shows how wrong she was; because just as heartless he is in the mafia world he is just as heartless in his personal life.

She has cried herself to sleep, picked herself apart, screamed how much she hated him, smoked at least two packs of cigarettes. Well not smoke them, she just lit them and held them for the effect.

If she didn't have to see John Kennedy ever again in life she would be better off. Now the last person she wanted to see is the one who is responsible for her life and is the one who can save her.