Going Back

"I never thought I would see the day. The great Jack Kennedy purchasing an engagement ring," Mac says.

Jack pulls up in front of Tiffany's on Fifth Avenue and gives his keys to the valet. Jack asked Mac to go with him to help him pick out a ring for Jackie. James is waiting for him at the door and escorts them back to a private room.

"Welcome Mr. Kennedy, Mr. McNamara. Mr. Kennedy, I'm glad you decided to choose our store to make your important purchase," James says.

"Thank you, I'm glad you could fit me in at short notice," Jack says sitting down.

"It's no problem at all, especially for one of our best customers." Jack smiles thinking of the thousands maybe millions of dollars he has spent on jewelry for all the women he's "dated" over the years.

"So I'm assuming the ring is for the young lady you came in with for her birthday?" James asks.

"Yes, her name is Jacqueline Bouvier," Jack replies.

"Ah Yes," James exclaims when he finds Jackie's file on the computer.

"Ok, according to Ms. Bouvier's file when she came in, she is a size 7. Do you have an idea about what you are looking for?"

"Not really but I know I want her diamond to be the biggest diamond you have."

"Do you have any rings he can look at?" Mac inquires.

"Yes, we have many different options. Gentlemen follow me please," James says getting up from his seat walking towards the entrance to go out to the showroom floor.

Once out on the showroom floor, Jack and Mac look at the engagement rings to find the perfect one for Jackie

"What about this one?" Mac asks pointing at a silver ring with a sapphire and diamonds.

"No, I was never a fan of sapphires on a woman."

Jack walks over to another case and spots one that catches his eyes. It has a gold band, with diamonds and an emerald.

"Hey James, can I take a closer look at this one," he says pointing at the ring in the back row.

"Sure," James replies sticking the key into the lock before removing the ring Jack inquired about.

Jack inspects the ring and something inside tells him this is the one. He can picture Jackie wearing this ring on her hand. His ring, a ring that symbolizes the love he has for her. One day soon she'll be his wife, carrying his last name. Mrs. Jacqueline B. Kennedy. Jack smiles liking how it sounds.

"I'll take this one," Jack says.

"Perfect," James replies, "I'll take it in the back, is there any engraving you would like on the inside of the ring?"

"JBK, my love forever," he says.

A few days later Jack goes back to Tiffany's to pick up the rings and he is pleased with the result. After picking out the engagement ring he also picked out her wedding ring which is just a simple gold band. He is sitting in his office admiring the beautiful rings and how they sparkle like Jackie's eyes when the moonlight hits them.