End of an Era

*please note: use of strong language

Jack is sitting in his office looking out over the New York skyline thinking about the argument he and Jackie had last night. Again Jackie brought up the subject of him leaving the mafia world. A subject that he doesn't like to talk about with her. Like he has said before he would keep that life separate his personal. Now Jackie is stressing the issue even more now because she think she is pregnant again. This of course gave him a lot to think about. John Jr. is about to turn one and there is the possibility of a new Kennedy on the way.

The last thing he wants is for anything to happen to his wife and children. The incident that happened to Jackie a couple years ago terrified him. God forbid something happened to Jackie, Jr., and the new baby, they are his entire world and it would all come crashing down.

Now he really needs to consider giving up the mafia. His generic excuse isn't working anymore, he really has to make a decision. A decision that either will keep his family safe or make them an easy target. Especially for someone like Sam.

Sam, Sam Giancana a name that can instantly cause his temper to spike. He and Sam still have some unfinished business. Especially with Jack wanting to extract his revenge after what Sam did to Jackie.

For as long as he can remember, his and Sam's feud is something that has resulted in a lot of his men bloodshed and lives lost. Sam doesn't play fair and will go to the extreme lengths to kill anyone who he feels could make an impact. Thankfully he hasn't tried to go after any of his family like his mother or siblings considering they're spread out, but he knows Sam will try to go after Jackie and his children. He would kill Sam in cold blood before he lets him try to hurt his family.

Later on that night Jack is reclined on the bed watching the Thursday night football game, not noticing Jackie has exited the bathroom. So ingrossed in watching the New England Patriots and the New York Giants go at it on the field, he doesn't even realize his wife has joined him in bed until he feels her soft hand slowly trail down his stomach and her lips on his neck.

"You know I'm more interesting than that old football game," Jackie says seductively in his ear.

"Yes you are," he replies before getting an eyeful of what his wife has decided to wear to bed. He likes the pink babydoll nightie she has decided to wear.

"So are you going to turn the tv off or will I have to seduce you to get you to turn it off?"

Without a second thought, Jack presses the record button for the game to be recorded on the DVR and turns the tv off.

"Now where were we?" he asks putting his arms around Jackie's slender waist and his lips on hers.

He moves down her jawline before he begins to nibble and kiss on her neck, causing Jackie to giggle.

"Jack honey," she says running her fingers through his hair.

No reponse, he is deeply focused on leaving kissing and nibbling on every inch of exposed skin.

"Jack, my love," Jackie's whispery voice caresses his ear.

"Yes Jacqueline," he groans against her collar bone.

"There is something very important I need to talk to you about," she replies sitting up.

Jack lets out a sigh and sits up. "I don't wanna argue tonight Jackie, can't we just make love and call it a night?"

"Bunny, I'm not trying to argue. I just want to tell you something," she replies cupping his cheek.

Jack turns his head and kisses the inside of her palm, "so what is it that you want to tell me," he asks before starting a trail of kisses up Jackie's arm.