Chapter 25

Mike's POV
After driving all that morning, I finally made it to Arizona at seven in the morning. I got to Chester's house, got his presents, and knocked on the door. His dad came to the door and smiled when he saw it was me.

"Mike! Hi son. How are you?" He asked as he pulled me in for a hug. "I'm good, sir. How have you guys been?" "We've been okay. Chester's really excited for today." "I am too." I said with a smile. "Well come on in." He said as he waved me inside.

"Chester's still asleep. You're welcome to go wake him up if you'd like. I'll just be down here helping his mom make him breakfast if you need me." He said. I nodded and sat his presents down on the coffee table. I went up to his room and carefully opened the door.

He was faced toward the opposite wall from me. He was covered up to the waist with his comforter, leaving his beautiful, partially tattooed back in the open. I never actually looked at his back tattoo before and I was suprised to see how big it actually was. It was only the outline of two dragons and I knew that when he got it colored in, it would be even more beautiful.

I shut the door and walked over to his bed. I shook him slightly. His eyebrows furrowed together and he groaned. "It's my birthday. Let me sleep." He mumbled. "Okay. I guess I'll go." I said jokingly. His eyes shot open and he rolled over to look at me. "Mike!" He said as he reached up, wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me down. I had to catch myself before I just fell completely on top of him.

I put my hands on his sides while he just about strangled me with his hug. "Happy birthday baby." I said. He pulled back from the hug and kissed me. "I missed you so much." He whispered as he pulled away to look me in my eyes. "I missed you too love."

He released me, sat up and just smiled. "I didn't think you'd show up this early." He said. I smiled. "Yep. Left my house at like one this morning just so I could be the first person my baby saw on his birthday." I said. He smiled. He scooted closer to me and wrapped his arms around my neck again. I wrapped mine around his back and held him.

"I just wanna stay like this for forever." He mumbled against my neck. "Me too." I said back. He kissed my neck lightly and I almost sighed louder than I should've because I was not expecting that. He giggled. "You're the best boyfriend. You know that?" He said. "Hmm... I think you're the best boyfriend." I said.

"Pfft. I'm a mess." He said as he plopped back onto the bed. I scooted over and layed on my side beside him. "But you're a hot mess." I said. He blushed and smiled. "How long are you staying for?" He asked.

I thought for a second. I hadn't really thought about it. I knew I had an event to go to in a few weeks, but I didn't know if his family would want me to stay that long.

"I have an event that I have to go to two weeks from now-" "Good. You can stay until then." He said. "Are you sure? I don't want your family to hate me for staying so long." He shook his head and laughed. "They love you, Mike." He said. "Okay. I'll stay until then." I said. "Yay!" We both laughed, but was interrupted by his mom at the door.

She stood in the doorway and smiled. "Nice to see you again Mike." She said. "Nice to see you too." "Breakfast is ready, so go eat and then we'll open some presents." She said.

Chester and I went to the kitchen and ate breakfast. Then we went to the living room. We all sat in seats around the living room and looked at the presents that were on the coffee table for Chester. I hoped he'd love his gifts from me.

"Open mine first Chester!" Annie said as she picked up a tiny bag and handed it to him. He took out the tissue paper and pulled out what was inside. It was a beaded necklace that she made for him. "Aw thank you Annie." He said as he put on the necklace. He opened Katherine's next and it was a Depeche Mode CD.